Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

Doesn't everyone on this board have a decibel meter?

Re: ER-20s -- you should be able to get another pair at the last minute at a guitar center -- is there one near you, or in Chicago?

There's one in Hallandale, right near thew freeway. I have to go down to the FBI (shit. long stupid story) on Wednesday, so you want me to pick up a pair or you?

Edit: Check that. They don't show up on Guitar Center's website. Does anybody know if they are actually in the stores?

Edited by CarlSeibert
stupidity

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told I don't snore at all either, which I hope stays that way for a long time.

A lot of people say it's due to carrying excess weight. In my case that's complete BS. I've snored since my early teen years, and I was one scrawny little dude back then. A real solution would be nice, but none of the advertised crap works at all, at least in my case.

Sounds like just about everyone is going to be at CJ, cool. The anticipation is building and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. :)

All packed up now for my flight out tomorrow morning. First the Windy City followed by CanJam 2010, whoooo!

ER-20's? why would you want to sleep with those? LOL, save them for concerts and movies. I'm a side sleeper usually, so I can't sleep with anything in my ears, save maybe foamie ear plugs. I don't even sleep with customs in.

Oy, I'll be in Chicago in less than 3 days.

FYI, I noticed that the Hilton website allows you to add on amenities. Like extra towels, pillows, and blankets for free. Also allows you to add on a folding bed for $25 or something for King rooms (not doubles), might be better than a bathtub.

https://ohare.hyatte-concierge.com/Welcome.aspx

-Ed

How can I be "worst by far" when Matt comes in a close second and either John or Gene are right behind him? I don't disagree with the "worst" part of the description, but take issue with the "by far". ;)

By far, as measured by how long it takes one to fall asleep him/herself when located anywhere within snoring distance of the offender. In the case of Matt, it took me about an hour and a half before I could finally fall asleep. The beer buzz didn't seem to help. But I was down in the basement, so I didn't actually hear your roar. I'm told, however, that it could cause sleep delays for up to 3 hours.

Oh, and Matt's other trick is to set a recurring alarm (every 9 minutes) that he doesn't bother to either respond to turn off for hours on end.

Well, as of my last conversation with management, I'm going to have to go back to a negatory on CanJam participation. My move could be happening sooner than I thought (about two weeks, moved up from the six weeks I was expecting). Crap consolidation begins now. I'll be impatiently awaiting my drunken phone calls for the weekend.

Well, as of my last conversation with management, I'm going to have to go back to a negatory on CanJam participation. My move could be happening sooner than I thought (about two weeks, moved up from the six weeks I was expecting). Crap consolidation begins now. I'll be impatiently awaiting my drunken phone calls for the weekend.

South_Park_God_Dammit_Brown_Shirt.jpg

I have to get over this fresh disappointment at the hands of Matt the Younger's overlords, get through a bizarre hearing tomorrow in which the plaintiffs are once again asking for a delay of trial, and then get myself packed and ready, but Thursday morning now seems so close i can taste it (mostly chicago dogs, deep dish pizza, beer and booze). Want time to go faster.

I'll probably only be seeing you guys at the event itself. There are some resident Chicago friends I haven't seen in years who wish to show me around. To be honest, I'm a bit torn about this... =/

I'll have to see what type of schedule they have planned out to see where I go, and with whom. I did invite them to come check out the convention, though!

I am waiting for the work emergency to spring up as they always do before I try to take time off.

Have to get packed tonight and decide what, if any, big gear I will be bringing. A Macbook Pro, Pico Dac and a Slim is a rig, correct?

This week is going to suck ass, it's like work saved up special torture just for this occasion.

I'm technically on vacation in five minutes, but it now looks like I'll be working right up until the plane takes off on Thursday, and that's if I'm lucky.

Matt, I'm really sorry you're not making it :(

I have to get over this fresh disappointment at the hands of Matt the Younger's overlords, get through a bizarre hearing tomorrow in which the plaintiffs are once again asking for a delay of trial, and then get myself packed and ready, but Thursday morning now seems so close i can taste it (mostly chicago dogs, deep dish pizza, beer and booze). Want time to go faster.

I always want time to go faster when I'm in a court room. Much faster! It is strange about the hearing. If the plaintiffs have such a good case, why do they keep delaying? Hmm.

Leaving directly from work tomorrow, should be at Hyatt by 5. Mentally I don't feel ready for this at all but I guess I'll just throw myself into the fray and we'll see if I can make it to the other side.

See most of you soon.