PS 1000 break in

randerson3024

The GS1000 and PS1000 are better suited to the bowls being filled with soil to grow little plants in than to be listened to. No amount of burn-in will change the frequency response enough to get rid of the measured 10dB hump in the bass and in the treble, and no amount of shitspeak from a fucktard recording engineer who "trusts his own hearing" will lead me to believe that it requires an absurd amount of hours (400+??) to burn-in a headphone when there are little to no measurable differences.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doubtful that any of us has listened to both for 400 hours in order to answer your question re comparative break-in time. With the exception of postjack, I'm not sure we have too many members that are fans of the the GS1000, and I'm not sure we have any that still own the PS1000.

i say good ma'am, you do not speak for everyone here in this forum! i indeed have recently completely listening to the PS1000 for 400 hours and the GS1000 for 400 hours for a combined total of 800 hour. Indeed during this time I slept very little and alloweed myself one can of charly beans per session and one (1) hot dogs. i do say the break in characteristics of these two phones are remarkables ! during this time I was awake for quite a while during this time and beforehand i chose music tracks to listen to and the break in period. i created my own album and mastered it and sold 200000 million copies to myself and the shadow people

so thankee to our newest and most wonderful mastering engineer member. indeed it is truly lovely to have a compatriot such as yourself to brave these dark forums with. i too have mastered my own albums (see above prgph) and can see the benefits of mastering albums using the GS1000 and PS1000 to hear pops and licks which I then destroy with Raid and NOT for putting in my eyes.

thank you and good night!

i say good ma'am, you do not speak for everyone here in this forum! i indeed have recently completely listening to the PS1000 for 400 hours and the GS1000 for 400 hours for a combined total of 800 hour. Indeed during this time I slept very little and alloweed myself one can of charly beans per session and one (1) hot dogs. i do say the break in characteristics of these two phones are remarkables ! during this time I was awake for quite a while during this time and beforehand i chose music tracks to listen to and the break in period. i created my own album and mastered it and sold 200000 million copies to myself and the shadow people

so thankee to our newest and most wonderful mastering engineer member. indeed it is truly lovely to have a compatriot such as yourself to brave these dark forums with. i too have mastered my own albums (see above prgph) and can see the benefits of mastering albums using the GS1000 and PS1000 to hear pops and licks which I then destroy with Raid and NOT for putting in my eyes.

thank you and good night!

best. post. ever.

cant stop loling.

Let's take a look at the album that lucey worked on, shall we?

The Black Keys - Brothers - 01 "Everlasting Light"

tbk_b_01.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 02 "Next Girl"

tbk_b_02.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 03 "Tighten Up"

tbk_b_03.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 04 "Howlin' For You"

tbk_b_04.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 05 "She's Long Gone"

tbk_b_05.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 06 "Black Mud"

tbk_b_06.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 07 "The Only One"

tbk_b_07.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 08 "Too Afraid To Love You"

tbk_b_08.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 09 "Ten Cent Pistol"

tbk_b_09.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 10 "Sinister Kid"

tbk_b_10.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 11 "The Go Getter"

tbk_b_11.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 12 "I'm Not The One"

tbk_b_12.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 13 "Unknown Brother"

tbk_b_13.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 14 "Never Gonna Give You Up"

tbk_b_14.png

The Black Keys - Brothers - 15 "These Days"

tbk_b_15.png

Actually that is not a half bad looking set for a modern release, most modern releases look completely brick walled sausage. That release still has a fair amount of dynamic range intact some of those songs could have easily been a result of what he was given. Take most modern releases and you'll see this has shit loads of dynamic range compared to most. I just had a look at Stanton Moore's CD release lll from a Telarc related label and the graphs are nightmares compared to these.

Now the only way he got the release to have any dynamic range was with the artists and labels permission as most command the mastering engineer to make it LOUDER. Blame Phil Spector not this guy.

Let's take a look at the album that lucey worked on, shall we?

You need to zoom out on those waveforms. Most releases will look super compressed when you're looking at 3-5 minutes in a single frame.

Cut out 30-45 seconds and paste it into a new window in Audacity. Those tracks are actually fairly dynamic.

edit: ugh 2 mb gif hotlinked, no wonder this page was taking longer than others to load

I noticed that you had a sig before and you don't now, most likely to hide behind the innate anonymity of the Internet and I would guess so that potential clients can't find your posts here to find out what kind of a person you are.

So I'm going to repeat the name & studio link you had in your sig: Brian Lucey, Magic Garden Mastering: Welcome to Magic Garden Mastering

That repeat only places this forum on page five of googling his name and studio. So we share only a fraction of his fame now.

Brian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden MasteringBrian Lucey, Magic Garden Mastering