The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

That's because the SR-007 is nothing short of awesome and Dan said all the right things. That being said I must admit to hardly touching the 007 after I got my Omega/007 hybrid. :o Now if I could only get a Blue Hawaii to try them on... :ian:

There are of course upgrades you could do to the ES-1 such as install a new PSU just for the output stage, fix the filament wiring and add a CCS to the output stage but it would take SP decades to do this if he even could.

How come Spritzer seemed to agree with Icarium's statement? And no one agrees with mine? Poor little me.

You're in the mafia's doghouse. :P

I still haven't had a chance to compare the MK1 to the MK2. I'm actually thinking about taking a day off from work to do it and to do some work on the rig. :palm:

Also, I received new pads for the Mk1 and they seem very nice. I am not excited to go through the process of putting them on, though. I also have a new headband coming. Is that a difficult change to make?

Also, a big gas face goes out to audiocubes 2 for charging extra for Lambda Pro pads over the newer SR series pads WHEN THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME MODEL REPLACEMENT PAD. I know because have them in front of me.

Very nice!!! :ian: I don't think we've ever discussed it but will the back part be silver like that? You know I loves me some silvah... :D

I'm speaking out of turn but it's always been my understanding that the main chassis bits (the silver parts in those pictures) will be powder coated black in the finished amp.

Regardless it looks outstanding Justin.

I'm speaking out of turn but it's always been my understanding that the main chassis bits (the silver parts in those pictures) will be powder coated black in the finished amp.

Regardless it looks outstanding Justin.

Yeah that might be correct. I don't really mind either way but the new "old" BH will be all silver. Now I've only got to find somebody to machine an Ayre MX-R style chassis for me... :)

Dammit, I should have taken a pledge to not open this thread until I got mine. In the event that any more pics will be posted, I might as well take this pledge now and just continue to wait it out. :D

20090111-n5ndu5aje58gymcdp87frw3ixm.png

That said, the heatsink design is just pure awesome.

Here is a KG BHSE Pic Update

- waiting on the laser engraving

- finished heatsink sample (same finish as top/bottom/back) in back of some pics

-images-

Do want.

Spritzer, when yours gets off the ice breaker and into the bakery, I could send you up the fugly piezo and you can tear it a new one for sounding like ass even with 1.81 jiggawatts into it?

Spritzer, when yours gets off the ice breaker and into the bakery, I could send you up the fugly piezo and you can tear it a new one for sounding like ass even with 1.81 jiggawatts into it?

We certainly can do that and since I'll be building a surplus BH (to test out a cheaper way to make the old design) that could take a trip over to Scotland so you can hear how that SR-007 was meant to sound like. :)

To me that sounds a most worthy idea. :D

I thought you might like it... :)

does anyone happen to know where one can get an official drawing of the Stax plug and socket? Or, if the Amphenol stuff is indeed an exact fit, is there a technical drawing of these part numbers?

I've never seen the data sheet for the WPI sockets and Stax is probably keeping theirs under wraps as usual.

We certainly can do that and since I'll be building a surplus BH (to test out a cheaper way to make the old design) that could take a trip over to Scotland so you can hear how that SR-007 was meant to sound like. :)

Why dont you take a trip over to the states in May and show everyone how the SR-007 was meant to sound like with that KGBH SE you're about to get;) lol