The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

It is. And you don't have to say "ferking" over here. At least that's what they ferkin' tell me.

And let the record show that I was a member here long before Spritzer poked me in the PM. He's clean. At least in that respect.

And speaking of Reykjavik: Anyone see the NOVA program called *The Car of the Future* with the Magliozzi brothers clowning it up around plug-in electrics, hybrids, and, last but not least, the hydrogen-powered buses in jolly olde Iceland? Nice shots of Reykjavik.

NOVA | Car of the Future | TV Program Description | PBS

And where are my italics? I can't live without my italics! I think I must be part Italian..

Srsly u gyz, if I can't have italics here on HC, it'd be like... like eating Little Caesar's pizza after a strict diet of Donato's. Or Sedaris after Salinger.

Welcome to Head-Case keeper of the orthos :D

The fucking italics button is in every fucking message window. Or you can hit fucking Control-I and get the fucking tags that way. Pay fucking attention. :palm:

wualta is good people, don't scare him away :P

The buttons only show up if you change your message box preferences, otherwise it's set to basic text editor by default. I didn't know about the control i thing though and it's pretty sweet!

wualta is good people, don't scare him away :P

The buttons only show up if you change your message box preferences, otherwise it's set to basic text editor by default. I didn't know about the control i thing though and it's pretty sweet!

I know wualta is a good guy or I would have just said he was a fucking idiot and left it at that. ;) I would have extended a lovely welcome also, but he has been lurking for almost a year so that seemed odd.

Also, I never touched my preferences or whatnot and the B I and U buttons are all right there. Lucky I guess, but all those things work with Control-B/I/U as well.

In any event, welcome to fucking Head-Case.

My Stax collection will soon be growing. Just bought the Lambda and SRM-1 MKII off tyrion, which my OII MKII will also be fed by for a while. Still waiting to get my SR-X MKIII and SRD-7 back from [AK]Zip too, which I'd sent to him for a headband fix. The SRM-1 MKII is a temporary solution until my future BHSE tho, since it'll be coming with Pro and Normal jacks. Who needs a Senn electrostat? :P I didn't like the HE90 that much anyway when I heard it at the Colorado 7/26 meet, off the Singlepower ES-1.

I don't know if I'm going to keep bidding on the SRM-717 on eBay right now... ;)

I found and am buying.... a set of Wharfedale Isodynamics *and* a set of HP-1s for $75 [!]

Good show, Smeggy, old coprolite!

Excellent news on the Ice-O-Dynamics. Even better that you got HP-1s to sweeten the deal. I hope you really tear into the W'dales and mind-meld with the designers. And hey, you might even get the elusive Euro version of the HP-1 with the steel "keeper" plates! I'm assuming these goodies are coming from Blighty.

Good show, Smeggy, old coprolite!

Excellent news on the Ice-O-Dynamics. Even better that you got HP-1s to sweeten the deal. I hope you really tear into the W'dales and mind-meld with the designers. And hey, you might even get the elusive Euro version of the HP-1 with the steel "keeper" plates! I'm assuming these goodies are coming from Blighty.

Actually, two seperate deals. Wharfeys from the homeland, the Yammys from elsewhere. I also have some Stax and something else being donated free by a guy in the woodshop.

It's been a good couple of weeks :)

"The woodshop"? Guys in woodshops donatin' Staxen, eh? Not that I would argue with them...

Who knows, you still might get an offbeat HP-1.

[Found the italics and everything else, thanks to deepak's hint.]

Meanwhile, can anyone identify this mystery JVC (well, Victor) 'phone?

It has shallow earpads and looks like a very nice foster phone or maybe even some sort of planar.

kad_hed05_4a.jpg

It is. And you don't have to say "ferking" over here. At least that's what they ferkin' tell me.

And let the record show that I was a member here long before Spritzer poked me in the PM. He's clean. At least in that respect.

And speaking of Reykjavik: Anyone see the NOVA program called *The Car of the Future* with the Magliozzi brothers clowning it up around plug-in electrics, hybrids, and, last but not least, the hydrogen-powered buses in jolly olde Iceland? Nice shots of Reykjavik.

NOVA | Car of the Future | TV Program Description | PBS

Woot I'm clean in some way! :prettyprincess:

We have pretty much every conceivable alternative fuel project going on here and those hydrogen buses are something else. It looks like methanol will be the next project in cooperation with Mitsubishi. It's kind of ironic that we are gearing up for some major oil research... :palm:

My Stax collection will soon be growing. Just bought the Lambda and SRM-1 MKII off tyrion, which my OII MKII will also be fed by for a while. Still waiting to get my SR-X MKIII and SRD-7 back from [AK]Zip too, which I'd sent to him for a headband fix. The SRM-1 MKII is a temporary solution until my future BHSE tho, since it'll be coming with Pro and Normal jacks. Who needs a Senn electrostat? :P I didn't like the HE90 that much anyway when I heard it at the Colorado 7/26 meet, off the Singlepower ES-1.

I don't know if I'm going to keep bidding on the SRM-717 on eBay right now... ;)

The SR-007 Mk2 is a bit easier to drive then the Mk1 so the SRM-1 Mk2 should work fine as a stop gap.

This is bad... I just dropped some eyedrop into the back side of my Lambdas... They were plugged in and charged so I turned it off and unplugged it and discharged it. I don't have a small screwdriver with me right now so I'm letting it dry, should I be very worried or perhaps heartbroken now? :palm:

Indeed... :o I had a mild panic attack when I saw it and my wallet tried to self destruct... ;D

For those that don't know this was the TOTL Stax system back in 1994 and could be considered the answer to the Orpheus. They don't excist on the same dimension though with Stax rewriting the rulebook with both items. When old Stax went under in 1995 they had sold about 300 SRM-T2's and about 500 SR-Omegas when it took Sennheiser 15 years to sell all 300 of the Orpheus. The Blue Hawaii is based on that amp with the power it can output though it doesn't use tubes in the first stage as Stax did.

• Like 1