Audeze LCD-2

swt61

They fit my melon perfectly. I found them quite comfy. I will absolutely be buying these and thought they were the best headphone I've heard to date.

mypasswordis was an alcoholic's hero. He just kinda laid there once he passed out, but still a first class piece of tail at any rate. :P

They fit my melon perfectly. I found them quite comfy. I will absolutely be buying these and thought they were the best headphone I've heard to date.

mypasswordis was an alcoholic's hero. He just kinda laid there once he passed out, but still a first class piece of tail at any rate. :P

If I end up getting the LCD-2's, they'll need Thunderpants Edition Headband modding. I'm not really into the whole BDSM headphone scene.

BGHH1.JPG&width=300&height=-1&nocrop=1

-Ed

I found the clamp annoying too at the start. Frustratingly so. Then I just stretched it out. Hold the band at the screw joints to the poles (so the joint experiences no stress). Then bend it out completely flat and hold it there. Have to do this quite a few times. Then the clamp is reduced to a comfy level :).

Also give the pads a good massage (i did it when I had removed the pads) and the leather softens up.

Now I dont have comfort issues. Plus I really like the foam on the headband, to me the foamy headband is deffo among the comfiest headbands iv had on my noggin (YH-1000 and SR-007 being the other few).

I thought they fit perfectly (for once) and was very impressed with the sound. I pre-ordered one as soon as I got back to H-Town. Looking forward to hearing them in my system.

Cool! Good for you! You mentioned to me in passing that you weren't so impressed. Did you hear them again on a different set up? The Cavalli maybe?

I listened to them first on the Isabella with some music I was not familiar with. They sounded pretty good but I was not ready to go out and buy a pair. Then, I listened to them again on the Cavalli with my own music and I was almost ready to pull out my wallet. I also listened on the Woo (but I didn't really know much of the music on that setup either).

Edit: I don't think I said that I was not so impressed, think I said something like they were pretty good but that I needed to listen to them out of another amp.

Edited by shellylh

I listened to them first on the Isabella with some music I was not familiar with. They sounded pretty good but I was not ready to go out and buy a pair. Then, I listened to them again on the Cavalli with my own music and I was almost ready to pull out my wallet. I also listened on the Woo (but I didn't really know much of the music on that setup either).

Edit: I don't think I said that I was not so impressed, think I said something like they were pretty good but that I needed to listen to them out of another amp.

Sorry if I misquoted you, I just remember you not being too excited about them and I really was. I'm scheming about getting a pair myself, but will probably need to sell some stuff.

Congrats on your order!

Sure seems like people over there are mis-interpreting my comments.

Lots of people can detect differences in absolute phase. Tyll's graphs

clearly show that the absolute phase was 180 degrees out. That is

both channels were wired opposite of every other headphone he tested.

Not one channel out of phase with the other channel.

Sure seems like people over there are mis-interpreting my comments.

Lots of people can detect differences in absolute phase. Tyll's graphs

clearly show that the absolute phase was 180 degrees out. That is

both channels were wired opposite of every other headphone he tested.

Not one channel out of phase with the other channel.

I had been wondering what the fuss was all about. I very much doubt I would pick this up listening to a planar headphone ( dipole ) unless I was extremely familiar with the music , might be an interesting experiment to try on 2 identical headphones. On some of the older orthos there is no clear demarcation of + or - and it is commonly said that the absolute phase was not particularly relevant as long as the drivers matched one another. Thanks for the clarification Kevin.

..dB

Tyll's graphs clearly show that the absolute phase was 180 degrees out. That is both channels were wired opposite of every other headphone he tested.

Both of my headphones which were tested came up with flipped polarity.

Previous tests of one of my headphones (The sony MDR-cd900st) indicate that they are in fact in proper polarity (a positive pulse causes the drivers to move towards the listener=proper polarity).

With at least a dozen places where the polarity of the test equipment could have gotten flipped it should be no surprise that they measured 180* out. Quick glances at several other headphones which were tested came up with the results in flipped polarity.

What I find amazingly shitty is that nobody has taken the 2 seconds to comment on the flatness of the phase VS frequency compared to the other headphones measured. Ooh, right, people are too busy dumping all over the audeez because of what is at worst (and I dont even know if it even is, considering how well the headphone rumor mill grinds this stuff up) a simple wiring error by a hack cable guy. People bitch and moan about phase shift when you drop a transformer in the signal path because they shift a few degrees at 20Khz..... The Audeez had very very flat phase response.

Do you have dcumentation supporting audibility of speaker polarity (IE, whether the driver moves towards or away from the listener on a rising electrical signal)? If the drivers are wired out of phase (left Vs right) you would need to be deaf to not hear it but polarity is totally different.

Edited by nikongod
clarification