2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF

Asr

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Lord, I was hoping something like this wouldn't happen. Someone threw the sheep to the wolves (or he jumped in), and it's never pretty. And people wonder why I feel that I don't really belong in the group, or am not welcome here. That came up at RMAF once or twice.

The "sheep" was acting like a douche, so he dug his own grave quite apart from his affection for you and your gear reviews. What I don't get on your second point is why you stay somewhere where you don't feel comfortable or welcome?

Larry as far as I am concerned you are "not unwelcome here" shit you've taken the hits but maybe don't get the overal vibe here. Many/Most of us here are part of overlapping circles of friends that while we care about gear we care about our friends and possibly beer and spirits more;-) Not unlike the neighborhood bar metaphor that has been used. So as far as I am concerned your welcome here others MMV but how you feel is really up to you.

Additionally all the fawning over some of the serial reviewers on headfi is puke worthy. There is a difference between appreciating someones review and licking their ass all the time.

The crazy Weston booth erection:

dsc8310.jpg

And the band arrives to play:

dsc8320e.jpg

dsc8321.jpg

dsc8322o.jpg

dsc8324.jpg

The Emotive room, one of the most sanely priced of the show:

dsc8312.jpg

An interesting looking Preamp drives a very temperamental speaker system:

dsc8317.jpg

The much anticipated sh!tty amplifier:

dsc8345p.jpg

The Cricketburger!

dsc8327d.jpg

The beer garden of our dreams:

dsc8331.jpg

And JP#'s surveys the options, minutes before passing into a languid state:

dsc8332.jpg

The party moves outside:

dsc8336.jpg

Later the next day, we attack the Larkburger (soon to be taken national as a subsidiary of Headamp):

dsc8340.jpg

dsc8341.jpg

dsc8343.jpg

And we ended the day with Tyler's excellent culinary suggestion:

dsc8346.jpg

dsc8347.jpg

Heh, I think I'm driven partially by morbid curiosity or something. :D

My initial post, which seems to have started all this, really wasn't a slam at you. If the guy had posted that my reviews were "the best available", he'd have gotten the same response from me. Why anyone would put so much stock into one person's opinion is beyond me. I read most of the reviews here (I don't even visit over there, except to look at the sale forum now and again), but I don't form an opinion based on any one review. Now a group of reviews from different members I trust will hold some weight with me, but still just makes me want to listen for myself.

In all honesty HPA I don't think about you much at all. You're an odd guy that posts here from time to time, because you seem to like to varify that you indeed are bullied by the 'cool kids'. You really bring that on yourself, and on purpose I might add. Do a little self discovery, come to realize this is indeed an issue for you and move on.

High school is over, and nobody really cares if you're in the cool click or not. I actually think you'd be a much more interesting guy if you could lose that chip on your shoulder. I do think you may indeed have something to bring to the conversation, if that were the case.

My initial post, which seems to have started all this, really wasn't a slam at you. If the guy had posted that my reviews were "the best available", he'd have gotten the same response from me. Why anyone would put so much stock into one person's opinion is beyond me. I read most of the reviews here (I don't even visit over there, except to look at the sale forum now and again), but I don't form an opinion based on any one review. Now a group of reviews from different members I trust will hold some weight with me, but still just makes me want to listen for myself.

In all honesty HPA I don't think about you much at all. You're an odd guy that posts here from time to time, because you seem to like to varify that you indeed are bullied by the 'cool kids'. You really bring that on yourself, and on purpose I might add. Do a little self discovery, come to realize this is indeed an issue for you and move on.

High school is over, and nobody really cares if you're in the cool click or not. I actually think you'd be a much more interesting guy if you could lose that chip on your shoulder. I do think you may indeed have something to bring to the conversation, if that were the case.

Well, there was a time when everything I posted was dissected and torn apart as being invalid, that I didn't feel that I had much to add to the conversation. That might put a chip on anyone's shoulders.

Anyway, back to RMAF now. Please?

More press coverage:

- ComputerAudiophile: Got camera? A first-timer's trip to RMAF | Computer Audiophile

- Positive Feedback: rmaf1

Also started my pics over at HF here (the rest should be up by the end of the week...maybe): http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/518094/rmaf-2010-denver-canjam-rmaf-impressions-in-case-people-missed-seeing-this-in-the-meet-forum/30#post_7016254

At least Stereophile put up a single image. It looks like most publications completely ignored the CanJam room. Heck the RMAF website from the 2009 show has a single image of an RSA amp, this is among 5 pages of photos.

edit: woah headphone coverage from Audiogon of all places nice :)

Edited by deepak

At least Stereophile put up a single image. It looks like most publications completely ignored the CanJam room. Heck the RMAF website from the 2009 show has a single image of an RSA amp, this is among 5 pages of photos.
Actually, they had a couple other images -- one of Jude, the other of 'Jude's setup'. :rolleyes:

It's just that it strikes me as politicking, and otherwise dismissive.