Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

Also, I made the mistake of touching my nose after handling the chile peppers. OUCH. FUCK ME, REALLY. OUCH.

i see the folks on food network wearing gloves and sometime even masks when handling hot peppers.

hope the effects are wearing off by now...

That is because that picture is only about 25 minutes into the cook cycle, Gene. The steak is still raw at that point; I was measuring the temperature of the water surrounding it. About 10 minutes to go, should get the cast iron heating.

Edited by cetoole

• 2 weeks later...

heh. well, i have a secret for hard boiled eggs: crack the shells slightly a couple minutes before you take them out. it makes removing the shells really easy, but it means you get some egg protein in the water, which dirties the pot. i definitely recommend it, though. the shells come right off. it's even better than using old eggs.

We will try that. Debbie says Thank You!!

heh. well, i have a secret for hard boiled eggs: crack the shells slightly a couple minutes before you take them out. it makes removing the shells really easy, but it means you get some egg protein in the water, which dirties the pot. i definitely recommend it, though. the shells come right off. it's even better than using old eggs.

I just boil them and them stick them in a bowl of freezing water right out of the pot.