What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Good stuff Marc and Al. Yes, I also like Manhattan variations! :) Also, Jim that looks fantastic!

*Anvil*

Milk Punch

I like, so did my hubby so this is a keeper. Didn't have whole milk so I use 3/4 2% milk and 1/4 half and half instead.

1 oz Camus VSOP Cognac

1/2 oz Gosling Black Seal Rum

2 tsp Agave nectar (sub for simple syrup)

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

3 oz 2% milk

1 oz half and half

sprinkle with ground nutmeg on top

y4aq6.jpg

Edited by shellylh

*Anvil*

Next up: Daisy (bourbon)

I had a heck of a time finding a recipe for a "Daisy" containing the ingredients that Anvil lists (bourbon, yellow chartreuse, lemon, lime). I found some recipes with similar ingredients and made some adjustments. The drink (at least how I made it) isn't bad, just isn't that good in my opinion, oh well.

2 oz Wild Turkey Rare Breed (barrel proof) bourbon

1/2 oz green Chartreuse

1/4 oz lime juice

1/4 oz lemon juice

Just check the list and I still have 32 to go.

GGZvY.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Mmmm milk punch, good stuff and good looking too. I took some liberties with the Daisy and used the recipe from Imbibe!. I made a Rum Daisy that was very tasty.

I have almost killed the Junipero bottle with a Golden Dawn

1 oz Junipero Gin

1 oz Calvados Maurice

1/2 oz Rothman and Winter Orchard Apricot

1/2 oz Orange Juice

Shake vigorously with ice and double strain into a cocktail glass. Dribble a bit of real pomegranate grenadine through the drink and serve without stirring.

IMG_0125.jpg

Mmmm milk punch, good stuff and good looking too. I took some liberties with the Daisy and used the recipe from Imbibe!. I made a Rum Daisy that was very tasty.

That recipe looks better than what I made (which I didn't end up finishing).

Decided that I needed another bottle of non-Islay scotch so I picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie 10yr... having a wee dram right now. I prefer the Islay scotches but it is good to have a bit of variety.

FFF Brian Boru...love the frothy/creamy hop aroma...not a very hoppy beer, but gives great head:)...

I had a bunch of reds lined up for St. Pat's this year...Porterhouse (of Wrassler's XXXX fame), Boulevard, Upland Ard Ri & Bourbon Barrel Ard Ri...Magic Hat Double Dread...even a Lost Abbey Red Poppy (I know, cheating) Ale...

but, in typical FFF fashion, Brian Boru slays 'em all...their consistency astounds me...the majority of their brews are both solid & brilliant...it isn't any wonder that they've been voted best brewery in the world by RateBeer patrons so often...

I realize that there's a great deal of posturing going on lately...for lack of a better word...but I truly would be deeply, deeply saddened if Three Floyds moved to Illinois...

I would understand it...I would continue to both buy their products en masse & take their side in arguments regarding this matter...but a bit of me would always be ashamed that we, as Hoosiers, abused such a valuable resource to the point where we couldn't be trusted...

The state amendment needs to pass....Three Floyds NOW, next Sun King...then Upland...that's the order they're hitting our fair(?) state's limit of 20K barrels a year...the federal limit is 60k/year before you're in a different tax bracket...

but TAXES ARE NOT THE ISSUE here...according to Indiana state law, a brewer cannot operate a tasting room, brew pub, or self-distribute its product if it produces more than 20,000 barrels (approximately 40,000 kegs) a year...

all FFF & SK are asking is for Indiana to go along with the Federal barrel limit (60k), allowing them to continue self-distributing & to keep their tasting rooms/brewpubs open...

just putting it out there...wasn't expecting this news so close to the Dark Lord Day festivities...

Moar La Jota Cab.

Evidently I just bought two cases of Peter Michael Chardonnay and Les Pavots, summer BBQing should be fun.

Some day I will learn not to shop for wine whilst drinking large quantities of wine and listening to jazz music while overlooking a fantastic scenic Oakville Valley vineyard.

but TAXES ARE NOT THE ISSUE here...according to Indiana state law, a brewer cannot operate a tasting room, brew pub, or self-distribute its product if it produces more than 20,000 barrels (approximately 40,000 kegs) a year...

all FFF & SK are asking is for Indiana to go along with the Federal barrel limit (60k), allowing them to continue self-distributing & to keep their tasting rooms/brewpubs open...

just putting it out there...wasn't expecting this news so close to the Dark Lord Day festivities...

There are a lot of states with ridiculous beer laws. For example, in Texas Brewpubs are not allowed to distribute at ALL. So you can either distribute or have a Brewpub but not both... stupid.

"Brewpubs are not allowed to distribute (self or otherwise) in Texas. Shipping breweries can self-distribute if they manufacture less than 75,000 bbls of beer per year.  You need a manufacturer's license in Texas to make "beer" defined as less than 4% ABW.  You need a brewer's permit to make "ale" defined as more than 4% ABW.  The 75,000 bbls is calculated as total "beer" and "ale"."

Funny but this law seems to be so anti small business...strange coming from a small business loving red state.

Edited by shellylh

Stillwater/Mikkeller two gypsies Our Side gypsy saison

It's bottle conditioned, and my bottle is very carbonated, with a strong grapefruit flavor. It's unusual, and would be a nice lawnmower beer, except that it's 7.5% abv

Drinking a coke among the devastation in Mayberry's back yard and getting ready to pop a DFH Bitches Brew shortly. Effectively had a mudslide right into the drainage pond that saves the house from flooding. Luckily, Frank the tenant called after trying to deal with it himself for an hour. Problem was he didn't address the real problem at the main drain uphill. Plumber snaked it and now I just have to shovel half the hill out of the back yard. Fuck me.

CCB Guava Grove bomber... perfect for a 78 degree F sunset ... (apologies to my northern brothers and sisters, but Spring in Sarasota has been fabulous this year ... wish you were here ...)

That looks good. Kona Brewing has a passion fruit wheat called Wailua Wheat. Tasty summer drink. I have the recipe from the brewer and hope to have a try at cloning it. Hard part is getting passion fruit in Kansas.

Drinking a coke among the devastation in Mayberry's back yard and getting ready to pop a DFH Bitches Brew shortly. Effectively had a mudslide right into the drainage pond that saves the house from flooding. Luckily, Frank the tenant called after trying to deal with it himself for an hour. Problem was he didn't address the real problem at the main drain uphill. Plumber snaked it and now I just have to shovel half the hill out of the back yard. Fuck me.

Man that blows. The basement of my rental in Colorado flooded on my birthday so I know the feeling. Definitely deserve a good brew.

Kicking back with Lucky U IPA from Breckenridge after moping the house for the four hours.

Edited by naamanf