What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Had a Stillwater Autumnal Saison earlier with dinner. Very pleasant surprise. This was my first Stillwater, and if their other stuff is on par with this one, I'll be looking for damn near everything they brew.

Edit - after checking Beer Advocate, I realized I had the much more limited Autumnal aged in wine barrels. So apparently it's not something I'm likely to come across again. That's saddening.

Edited by Aura

Had a Stillwater Autumnal Saison earlier with dinner. Very pleasant surprise. This was my first Stillwater, and if their other stuff is on par with this one, I'll be looking for damn near everything they brew.

Edit - after checking Beer Advocate, I realized I had the much more limited Autumnal aged in wine barrels. So apparently it's not something I'm likely to come across again. That's saddening.

Did it look something like this (except Autumnal not Stateside)?

BelgiumComesToCooperstown_2011_12.jpg

Autumnal is not my favorite Stillwater, but I have not had the barrel aged version. There are plenty of others to look forward to so don't be too saddened. :sadcat:

Edited by Voltron

It was on-tap. It was listed as barrel-aged on the menu, I just didn't realize that there was a 'regular' version. :)

Considering opening a bottle of something right now, but it's late and I have a few hours of driving and two parties to attend tomorrow beginning at 9 a.m.

And fuck faulty bottles too.

Just left the office after 10pm on friday. That sucks. Family was already going to bed so i stopped at a new brew pub and ordered a pizza from next door because the kitchen is closed. Having their "Easy IPA" which is meh but works for me at the moment.

a6cd899c-3dc3-9bff.jpg

Edit: kicked it up a notch with an Angel's Envy on the side.

a6cd899c-3ed9-af10.jpg

Edited by Voltron

dd46e14f.jpg

Rum barrel Big Sound. A little tart, this is the beer CCB allegedly botched. A lot of people seem to finding these tart but in differing degrees. CCB's even offering refunds for people who are not happy with it.

Here's the blog post about it (click on the link to go back to post # 19):

http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=21&Itemid=37

Edited by raffy

dd46e14f.jpg

Rum barrel Big Sound. A little tart, this is the beer CCB allegedly botched. A lot of people seem to finding these tart but in differing degrees. CCB's even offering refunds for people who are not happy with it.

Here's the blog post about it (click on the link to go back to post # 19):

http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=21&Itemid=37

Reminds me of the Rogue Hazelnut ale aged in Spice Rum barrels. Definitely went sour for many. Wonder if it has to do with the rum barrels. I should have some drinks to add to this thread later.