What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I never get tired of Infected Mushroom -- listening to more of it now.

Priorly: was listening to the new Stripmall Architecture that I got in the mail -- fucking awesome! I contributed to this project a little on Kickstarter(.com) -- the packaging is superb, I got a download coupon for uncompressed versions of the digital files (the package was for the vinyl) -- plus a copy of a live concert on DVD and demos on CD, plus I learned that Rebecca is working with John Fryer on a new project.

Oh, and I hope it goes without saying that the album is immensely astoundingly good. It is. As high as my expectations were for it (I invested in it both emotionally and financially), they managed to exceed them. Which is hard.

I'm a happy boy.

Need to figure out what to call the demo CD, since apparently I am the first person to rip it to my iPod. I'm going with Made Silhouettes (in reference to the lyrics to the track, "Breath Makes Smoke").

The distortion on that recording pisses me off to no end, tho.

Not nearly as much as I and the photography on her previous album. Meet ass. Does she get a pass because of her parents deaths?

2ic5j7k.jpg

Currently Zoe Keating | Into the Trees | Speaking of passes...

ZoeKeatingCOILHOUSE9.jpg

Edited by blessingx

You're complaining about her ass...being out of focus? Because if you're complaining about anything else, I'm not getting it. Of course, that may be my hormones preventing me from understanding...

Me: Depeche Mode, "Behind the Wheel", remixed by Vince Clarke. Not paulstretched, not anything-stretched. Normal. For once.

sK7VE.jpg

The Verbrilli Sound's 2000 debut, Many Coloured Butterflies. This really is one of my favorite downtempo albums ever. I discovered about a decade ago after hearing a track on SomaFM's Groove Salad. I tracked down the whole album on AudioGalaxy. Go go 192K mp3s ...which have been my only source until today, when I finally got three of The Verbrilli Sound albums in FLAC. :dance:

Little People, Mickey Mouse Operation -- really pretty music, instrumental, triphoppy-ish, downtempo-ish, groovy.

When I was at 901, they played this first (well, the track, "Moon"), and pretty much everything else they played paled in comparison. I mean, it was a good mix (if you've ever gone into DSW just to listen to the music -- and I do -- then you know what I mean), but Little People just stands out.