May 13, 201115 yr comment_446963 Some mix that my sister's roommate has that is awesome. I'm a gonna have to get a copy of that. Also yesterday/last night: Lamb, 5 -- superb. Perfectly made tea on a sunny afternoon good. Also, Live at Koko Pendragon, Passion -- not hearing the David Gilmour, but otherwise loving it. Report
May 13, 201115 yr comment_446988 I just got two brand new Aera albums on Long Hair Music. These are archival releases of BR recordings. I am currently enjoying this stuff a lot, a bit pricey as all LH CDs are but if you are a fan of Aera get them. Aera - The Bavarian Radio recordings Vol. 1, 1975 Aera - The Bavarian Radio recordings Vol. 2, 1977-79 Report
May 14, 201115 yr comment_447014 Hunt it down. Best recommendation I've found yet in the Twitterverse. Like Qawwali/Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Crazy devotional lyrics like [translated]... In Sauherad, Hjukse was the proudest farm Time drags on Proud Margjit was the daughter on that farm It is I who am weighed down with grief Proud Margit got ready to go to church Time... She then took the road through the mountains It is I... Report
May 14, 201115 yr comment_447074 Priscilla Ahn - When You Grow Up. Not really a huge departure from her debut CD, I'd call it more of the same - not that it's a bad thing. Report
May 15, 201115 yr Author comment_447187 Michael Formanek -- The Rub and Spare Change Tim Berne's Science Fiction -- The Sublime And. Report
May 16, 201115 yr comment_447279 Amplifier - The Octopus Dusty (or any Porcupine Tree fans) you might like this music. Full stream here http://amplifier.bandcamp.com/ Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447635 Michael Formanek -- The Rub and Spare Change How is it? Currently Portico Quartet... Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447636 Which I somehow passed by when it first came out. On a lark, I grabbed a pristine copy for cheaps a while ago. What a nice album. ... and .. which I did buy when it came out. I've rediscovered it every few years since. (I can't quite condone the crop, but the Elliott Erwitt photo on the jacket rocks. If you ever get the chance to see that series in the silver gelatin flesh, it's worth the effort.) Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447639 Which I somehow passed by when it first came out. On a lark, I grabbed a pristine copy for cheaps a while ago. What a nice album. Wow, is it possible that came to you via a HC noob's vinyl giveaway at CanJam Chicago last summer? Edited May 18, 201115 yr by jvlgato Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447641 Kate Bush - The Director's Cut It's currently streaming in full on NPR http://www.npr.org/2011/05/12/136220377/first-listen-kate-bush-directors-cut Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447646 One of the most underrated musical geniuses, ever. He was the man who launched Pink Floyd to the top. http://youtu.be/Ah3sts1_zLQ Edited May 18, 201115 yr by livewire Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447699 Which I somehow passed by when it first came out. On a lark, I grabbed a pristine copy for cheaps a while ago. What a nice album. Will have to dig out my original vinyl of this one.. For me it ranks up there with Hot House Flowers and Think of One from the period.. with : Brother Branford, Jeff Watts, Ron Carter, Kenny Kirkland Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447701 Kate Bush - The Director's Cut It's currently streaming in full on NPR http://www.npr.org/2011/05/12/136220377/first-listen-kate-bush-directors-cut Want Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447707 Los Hombres Calientes - Vodou Dance Vol. 4 Edited May 18, 201115 yr by jvlgato Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_447749 Bon Iver - Bon Iver [2011] Edited May 18, 201115 yr by Mark527 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.