Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you listening to Part the Third

Featured Replies

zwXPr.jpg

Melody Gardot - 2012 - The Absence

not as sexy as you would think...

Oh wait a minute - YES IT IS....

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 2.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Some Glenn system testing.. Current configuration in New place.

  • It has been a long evening....    a long musical and sad evening.            and lots of Mac 12yo... 

  • Knuckledragger
    Knuckledragger

    I was gonna post this isn Slow, but I think it's more appropriate here.  TMBG's Flood came out 30 years ago today.  After I got past my initial "holy shit am I old" reaction, I reflected upon the firs

Posted Images

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die

Lana-Del-Rey-Born-To-Die1-608x608.jpg

I'm officially in the blacklash to the backlash mode... Is it a perfect album? No. Does it reach the heights of "Video Games"? Not consistently. But I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the album, regardless of the authenticity of her persona. Her S/T first album (pulled from iTunes, not hard to find elsewhere) is also solid. And I've seen countless live performances where she does quite well, so who cares if she was nervous and tanked on SNL? Anyway, if people have held off for whatever reason, it may be worth giving a chance. Beautiful melodies, strong vocal performances, admittedly uneven lyrics and a pretty varied soundscape (in a good way) await.

  • Author

Are my eyes deceiving me, or did Thrice just post three times in this thread??? Hello Stephen! prettyprincess.gif

EDIT: I guess Dusty noticed yesterday, but I wasn't attuned. Welcome back.

Edited by Voltron

Various Artists - When Pigs Fly: Songs You'd Never Thought You'd Hear -- this album is ready-made for Turntable "weird covers" night. Don Ho covers "Shock the Monkey", The Fixx cover "Boots Were Made for Walkin'", Jackie Chan and Ani Difranco duet on "Unforgettable", etc.

Brahms - Piano Concerto 1

(Curzon/Szell)

1184491.jpg

Best Brahms PC1 I've heard - SQ is excellent also

Bill Evans' D'Lugoff's Top of The Gate 3x45. Levels a little higher than I'm used to, but sounds quite nice on first listen. Reportedly gets better on second set.

Edit: Yep.

RESLP9012-45-Large.jpg

Edited by blessingx

was: kenny dorham | round about midnight at the cafe bohemia | mm45

kenny_dorham1_big.jpg

now: innocence mission | befriended | thanks for the recommendation shelly

theinnocencemission_-_befriended.jpg

Edited by blessingx

51T8yHWpkbL._SS500_.jpg

Paul's Boutique - The Beastie Boys

Hey Al, hey Dusty. It's good to be back!

Hey man, miss you.

Me: In car -- Chris Rea, Dancing Down the Stony Road -- note: "Dancing" in the title does not imply it's a dance record -- it's a lyric, and that's all. Man does what I call "organic" music -- heavily blues-infused pop rock reminiscent of Clapton's Slowhand and whatnot. All played on traditional instruments, no fancy production, no synthesizers, etc. Every once in a while I get in the mood for that, and Rea fills that capacity almost all the time.

At home, on spotify: various Regina Spektor and whatnot. I <3 her so much.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.