May 28, 201214 yr comment_517608 Pornopop, ...and the Slow Songs about the Dead Calm in Your Arms -- post rock along the lines of Sigur Ros, except lyrics are in English rather than madeupese. Report
May 28, 201214 yr comment_517624 Pornopop, Blue -- wow, that was completely different. From the raucousness of Fashionably Thin to the missing Legendary Pink Dots' Premonition instrumental of Siva, this has as much variety as The Gathering's How To Measure A Planet?, but with less of an ear towards hooks. My Bed = My Gravity is like a missing Cure track, almost. Definitely going back for seconds. Report
May 28, 201214 yr comment_517630 Another preview for kickstarters of amanda palmer's new album, this one is called Trout Heart Replica. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amandapalmer/amanda-palmer-the-new-record-art-book-and-tour/posts/235388?ref=email&show_token=ecddc3239f01f8c3 Report
May 30, 201214 yr comment_518037 There's a new SACD series from EMI, of classical stuffs. Its 100 items. I don't know if that means 100 discs or 100 multi-disc sets. First one arrived today. Report
May 31, 201214 yr comment_518078 Nice! If you get more info I'd be curious what they are planning. Report
June 1, 201214 yr comment_518345 They Will Have Their Way -- The Songs of Tim & Neil Finn -- this is all kinds of wonderful. Doesn't hurt that I'm terribly fond of the source material. A lot of the songs are done in the what I call Lilith Fair style, but there are some standouts -- Lisa Miller's version of "I Hope I Never" is a late-night strum and vibrato fest that brings to mind Angelo Badalamenti's work on Twin Peaks with Julee Cruise. There are some recognizable names on here, too -- Natalie Imbruglia, Sarah Blasko, stellar*, et al. Correction: it's not all Lilith Fair style. They must have thrown all the female singer songwriters at the beginning. Report
June 3, 201214 yr comment_518717 Jack White, Blunderbuss -- going to rigorously (and tiggerously) go through this list, as the Maccabees' album was indeed superb. It (the whole list) has got a British slant, which is fine by me. Report
June 5, 201214 yr comment_518895 Megadeth - Youthanasia As a youth I preferred 90's era Metallica. Now I prefer 90's era Megadeth. It swings better, I guess. /shrug Report
June 5, 201214 yr comment_518937 Heard her on Pandora and picked this up. Not a big fan of "pop", but unique enough to give it a try. I think I just like her attitude and English accent. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You Edited June 8, 201214 yr by robm321 Report
June 6, 201214 yr comment_519017 Karnivool, Themata and Sound Awake -- hard rock, very earnest, slightly proggy, my cuppa tea. Standout tracks (for me) are "Roquefort", "Simple Boy", "All I Know", "Set Fire to the Hive" and "Deadman". Report
June 7, 201214 yr comment_519215 di meola mclaughlin de lucia | friday night in san franciso | 2x45 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.