August 3, 201214 yr comment_528600 Fleetwood Mac tribute posted earlier today -- this is outstanding. Starts off with the obscure back catalog gem, "Albatross", includes my personal favourite early Fleetwood Mac track, "Oh Well", slowed down. And that's as far as I've gotten. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_528672 Beirut: The Rip Tide (Folk-rock, Dream pop, folk-rock) Godspeed You! Black Emperor: F# A# Infinity (Post-rock, modern art music) Purity Ring - Shrines (Electronic, Indie, Electro-pop) Tanlines - Mixed Emotions (Indie pop, Electronic) Recommend all of them. Might as well give them a listen. If you like the genres they fall under they're really great. If not, well, how can giving them a listen hurt? Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_528675 F# A# Infinity is one of my favourite post-rock albums of all time. Definitely my favourite by GY!BE. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_528677 F# A# Infinity is one of my favourite post-rock albums of all time. Definitely my favourite by GY!BE. I definitely agree, it's probably actually my favorite post-rock album. I still enjoy Mogwai and other post-rock bands, but there's just such a special feeling with F# A#. I feel like it transcends the genre, and despite whatever the artists themselves may think, it gets close to the level of classical music when it comes to music as art. Edited August 3, 201214 yr by revolink24 Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_528743 getting work and listening done Dewolff - 2012 - Dewolff IV Report
August 5, 201214 yr comment_528936 Was listening to Shiina Riingo in the car (or however you pronounce/spell it). Now listening to Ravyn's station, Radio Obscura. She said she did the programming for the site, but that was the other day, I don't think she programmed what I'm currently listening to, I could be wrong, though. Report
August 5, 201214 yr comment_528966 Otis Murphey-Fantasy Going back to some of my classical saxophone roots. Report
August 5, 201214 yr comment_528979 A truly memorable recording of the Chopin Fantasie-Impromptu Op. 66; and a world reknown interpreter of Franz Liszt. If you haven't heard Georges Cziffra you should check him out - the youngest person ever admitted to the Franz Liszt Academy which he entered at age 9. His interpretations are primarily in the older Romantic style tending towards the daring, dramatic and emotional. Stunning technical prowess, and a giant among the greats of 20th Century piano. Report
August 7, 201214 yr comment_529249 getting work and listening done Dewolff - 2012 - Dewolff IV Thanks for reminding me, I have a weak spot for this band... Report
August 8, 201214 yr comment_529395 ^ Great guitarist. Lisa Gerrard - The Black Opal Joe Jackson - Body and Soul Edited August 31, 201214 yr by johnwmclean Report
August 8, 201214 yr comment_529458 Rush - 2012 - Clockwork Angels Ed - Sad to see - but what I was expecting these days. Edited August 8, 201214 yr by mikeymad Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_529476 Sucks to see that indeed. How is the music? Edited August 9, 201214 yr by robm321 Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_529499 That's funny, they were just in Stereophile or Absolute Sound -- are you sure it's that bad? They certainly learned their lessons from Vapour Trails on Snakes & Arrows -- although it was compressed, it wasn't brickwalled, it was just compressed. Which is appropriate for a rock & roll record, IMHO. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_529504 Delain - 2012 - We Are The Others Good album...I especially like the 4 live tracks at the end. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_529533 This is all kinds of wonderful, particularly her covers of "Mother's Talk" and "A Criminal Mind", but I really like everything, including the single for "The Art of War". Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.