August 9, 201214 yr comment_529618 Hey Mikey,.. That waveform doesn't look all that bad to me. That looks like at least DR 8 (dynamic range). Really squashed stuff these days is more like DR 4-6 for pop. It's pretty hard to judge the crest factor (rms to peak) without a DR meter. But when it comes down to it,..as the old recording engineers saying goes,.. listen with your ears not your eyes. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_529630 Agreed Steve.. I was listening... and was having a hard time picking out the instuments (granted just laptop at work).. so I just dropped it in there to take a look. And it just looked to me like most things were pushed a bit. But I should try a critical listen at home to see if it holds true. cheers Report
August 19, 201214 yr comment_530667 The CD should arrive soon, right now the FLACs are playing... Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_531058 Dr. Lonnie Smith - The Healer I'm just on track #2 but OMG, it has that infectious groove Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_531084 Wow, I haven't listened to this in ages. I remember seeing them Call The Office in London, Ont in the early 90's. And that brings back a lot of memories of the great shows I saw there while I lived in London... Thanks for that. Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_531112 Wow, I haven't listened to this in ages. I remember seeing them Call The Office in London, Ont in the early 90's. And that brings back a lot of memories of the great shows I saw there while I lived in London... Thanks for that. I'd not either. I saw them play in an old slaughter house in Dayton, OH in the early 90's. Great show. I saw Citizen Fish play there, too. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_531558 The Gathering, Meltdown (new album), streaming here now, for the next 20 some odd hours only. Report
August 24, 201214 yr comment_531669 Balmorhea - Rivers Arms Edited August 24, 201214 yr by johnwmclean Report
August 24, 201214 yr comment_531742 The Gathering, Meltdown (new album), streaming here now, for the next 20 some odd hours only. One last time. "I Can See Four Miles" is a very nice finale. EDIT: And now, because I can, and I because I love this track, live version of "Black Light District". Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.