What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Hey Mikey,..

That waveform doesn't look all that bad to me. That looks like at least DR 8 (dynamic range). Really squashed stuff these days is more like DR 4-6 for pop. It's pretty hard to judge the crest factor (rms to peak) without a DR meter.

But when it comes down to it,..as the old recording engineers saying goes,.. listen with your ears not your eyes.

Agreed Steve..

I was listening... and was having a hard time picking out the instuments (granted just laptop at work).. so I just dropped it in there to take a look. And it just looked to me like most things were pushed a bit. But I should try a critical listen at home to see if it holds true.

cheers

Wow, I haven't listened to this in ages. I remember seeing them Call The Office in London, Ont in the early 90's. And that brings back a lot of memories of the great shows I saw there while I lived in London... Thanks for that.

I'd not either. I saw them play in an old slaughter house in Dayton, OH in the early 90's. Great show. I saw Citizen Fish play there, too.