And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good job on the weight loss Larry. Keep it up but don't overdo it. Sucks about your health problems. Fibromyalgia is a horrible syndrome (and lung disease surely isn't anything to laugh at). My mom has been struggling with fibro for the last 7-8 years and it can be really debilitating. I expect the weight loss and might exercise will help with the fibro.

it's the actual possession i'm questioning, not the general purchase. if you are taking actual possession because you think it will be useful for bartering with if the economy collapses, i would suggest trading it in for ammunition, and stockpiling that.

Without possession he could not mint these:

71096_104748896291_7793576_n.jpg

Just signed for another delivery of platinum. FedEx guy made some comment about the box being light, I just said it was computer parts. "Really? Usually its drugs for this kind of package."

Very awkward.

Make sure you verify your source is legit and it may not be a bad idea to check with a reputable metals dealer to confim authenticity. With the rise in precious metals prices over this last year there have been an increase in incidences of counterfit precious metal coins and bars, especially on the secondary market.

it's the actual possession i'm questioning, not the general purchase. if you are taking actual possession because you think it will be useful for bartering with if the economy collapses, i would suggest trading it in for ammunition, and stockpiling that.

I could do ETFs but in addition to fees they are less secure than the metal. There is no counterparty risk with metal.

Gold and silver are the doomsday metals. Platinum tends to do better during good economic times. Its much less a psychological metal than gold/silver.

If this was several years ago I'd consider T bills and CDs but they are pointless right now.

I get the inflation hedge with metal with a simultaneous potential for an enormous upside should there be supply disruptions or such, which I feel is very possible over the next 20 years.

Make sure you verify your source is legit and it may not be a bad idea to check with a reputable metals dealer to confim authenticity. With the rise in precious metals prices over this last year there have been an increase in incidences of counterfit precious metal coins and bars, especially on the secondary market.

Not a bad idea. I use lear capital which is in A+ standing w/ the BBB.

Spent the day telling my business people why they shouldn't do stupid things while also assembling the fucking library of materials the bank requested for the refi. Which also led to the inevitable arguing with the bank. I won that battle but will surely lose the war. Pounding headache now and no happy pills with which to combat it.

...................... potential for an enormous upside should there be supply disruptions or such, which I feel is very possible over the next 20 years.

How much platinum transits the straight of Hormuz?

*rhetorical*

Edited by Augsburger

32 centigrade is big heat as far as I'm concerned.

In the UK we have a bizzare mix of metric and imperial. As far as the use of stone goes, people use that these days only for bodyweight (presumeably because you weight less stone than pounds, making you lighter?). Almost everything else these days is in Kilograms. Beer and milk come in pints (and our pint is bigger than your pint) and fractions of pints, everything else comes in litres and millilitres. As for the weather? For joe public over say 35 or 40 years old, cold temps are in centigrade/celcius. Right now its between minus 1 and +1 degrees C but summer temps are in fahrenheit. On the TV and in the papers its always in Centigrade, being younger, I actually have no idea whatever how hot or cold a fahrenheit is and the conversion is not one that's easy to do in your head, if you can remember it.

It'd be simpler if I didn't even bother with the stone count when I post here, but I like to be redundant.

Larry: 2lbs a week is what I aim for. But I don't have your lung problems. I'm sure your doctor will keep you right.

The 2 lbs a week is actually what the doctor suggested once the initial 3 week cleanse was over. I kinda over did things a little. wacko.png