And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

tumblr_l4h9iy0x2x1qzzd6io1_500.png

Proctor: All right, here's your last question. What was the cause of

the Civil War?

Apu: Actually, there were numerous causes. Aside from the obvious

schism between the abolitionists and the anti-abolitionists,

there were economic factors, both domestic and inter--

Proctor: Wait, wait... just say slavery.

Apu: Slavery it is, sir.

The oath was no big deal at all. The guy from USCIS gave a short speech, we said the oath and then pledge and then got our certificates. My wife didn't make it so it was a bit of a non-event. I am just glad I'm able to vote and get a clearance to work on some cooler stuff.

NOFORN no longer applies, eh? :)

Congrats Chris!

In other news, I saw my doctor today and was told I've lost 32lbs since I saw him at the end of May (260 > 228). I told him I actually lost it over just the past 6 weeks, and that I could barely fit into the clothes I was wearing back in May which forced me to start dieting. Feeling pretty good about this, but need to drop another 28 lbs.

Became a US citizen. smile.png

I am looking forward to voting next year.

Well done lod!

... I saw my doctor today and was told I've lost 32lbs since I saw him at the end of May (260 > 228). I told him I actually lost it over just the past 6 weeks, and that I could barely fit into the clothes I was wearing back in May which forced me to start dieting. Feeling pretty good about this, but need to drop another 28 lbs.

2 & 1/3 stone in 6 weeks is intuitively a bit too fast to be healthy. However I don't begrudge you you sense of achievement if you've worked hard at the diet and cardio. It really can feel great to see the numbers go down on the scale. Just watch yourself and don't try to punch through the remaining weight with speed the aim. If anything you might end up giving yourself slack skin, plus theres the weight bounce-back. I'm now down from 18 stone 9lbs (261 lbs) to 13 stone 3lbs (185 lbs), the wardrobe issues i can relate to. Look at it as an oppertunity to buy some of those nice shirts they don't make in the XL+ range.

Best of luck with the next 28lbs.

2 & 1/3 stone in 6 weeks is intuitively a bit too fast to be healthy. However I don't begrudge you you sense of achievement if you've worked hard at the diet and cardio. It really can feel great to see the numbers go down on the scale. Just watch yourself and don't try to punch through the remaining weight with speed the aim. If anything you might end up giving yourself slack skin, plus theres the weight bounce-back. I'm now down from 18 stone 9lbs (261 lbs) to 13 stone 3lbs (185 lbs), the wardrobe issues i can relate to. Look at it as an oppertunity to buy some of those nice shirts they don't make in the XL+ range.

Best of luck with the next 28lbs.

Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on your loss as well. I started with the SP Cleanse diet for 3 weeks and was down about 20 lbs at the end of that. I guess it's earned the "cleanse" name for more than just detoxifying, based on my losses in the first week or two. My stamina on the exercise bike has improved a bit since I started doing this. That's about the only cardio I can tolerate with my lung disease and fibromyalgia. I'm under the supervision of a weight loss doctor as well, and for the past 5 weeks my losses are between 3 - 4.5 lbs a week. At almost 50 years old I already had some slack skin, but it's not too bad. I'd be happy if I can continue to lose 2 lb a week for the next 4 months. Is that too fast?

Since the cleanse diet ended I've had 3 more weeks of a low carb diet with lots of vegetables and protein, plus the required amounts of fat and vitamins, and minimal amounts of egg or dairy. So, I'm not starving although I haven't had any bread products in 6 weeks, and am down to 227 after the second 3 week period. I'm allowed whatever carbs are in my "all the veggies I can eat diet", but I can only have 2 servings of fruit a day, and only 1/2 cup of brown or wild rice a day (or 1/2 - 1 cup of lentils). I'm allowed 2-4 3oz servings of meat a day, and I'm limiting that to fish and chicken, but no red meat. To help with hunger pains, I either eat raw cauliflower and carrots, or drink orange spice herbal tea which I've found helps to suppress my appetite. All of this has kept me in mild ketosis and in fat burning mode.

A bonus is that I refused to give away my old skinny clothes as my wife asked in the past, so when I hit my target weight I'll have plenty to wear. I just wish I hadn't given my "George Carlin Says Go Fuck Yourself" T-shirt to a friend when I got too fat to wear it (my wife hated it).

My weight log. ** digital home scale hits max at 250 (all home wt done unclothed (ewww...)

Day 1 - 260 lbs at Dr. office May 2012 clothed, but I'd gained weight since May.

Day 6 - 246 lbs

Day 14 - 241.8 lbs

Day 21 - 239 lbs (end of SP Cleanse)

Day 27 - 234.5 lbs

Day 37 - 229.8 lbs

Day 44 - 227 lbs today (229 clothed on home scale no shoes, but 228 clothed no shoes at doctor)

2 & 1/3 stone...

That still seems so complicated to me. I can kind of divide by 14 in my head and get things right most of the time, but it just seems like putting something back into a squeeze bottle after it has come out. You can do it. Sure. But why? I guess it must help you to get a better point of reference.

Kind of like when somebody says, "Boy, it hot here! 90 degrees today..." and then suddenly Doug's head is set in motion, as he subtracts 32 and divides the remainder by 1.8 and shouts out, "Oh, yes, 32.222 repeating decimal is pretty hot!!!"

32 centigrade is big heat as far as I'm concerned.

In the UK we have a bizzare mix of metric and imperial. As far as the use of stone goes, people use that these days only for bodyweight (presumeably because you weight less stone than pounds, making you lighter?). Almost everything else these days is in Kilograms. Beer and milk come in pints (and our pint is bigger than your pint) and fractions of pints, everything else comes in litres and millilitres. As for the weather? For joe public over say 35 or 40 years old, cold temps are in centigrade/celcius. Right now its between minus 1 and +1 degrees C but summer temps are in fahrenheit. On the TV and in the papers its always in Centigrade, being younger, I actually have no idea whatever how hot or cold a fahrenheit is and the conversion is not one that's easy to do in your head, if you can remember it.

It'd be simpler if I didn't even bother with the stone count when I post here, but I like to be redundant.

Larry: 2lbs a week is what I aim for. But I don't have your lung problems. I'm sure your doctor will keep you right.

Edited by Duggeh