And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to the Chicago Auto Show. Looking for nothing in particular but we were pretty taken with the Caddy CTS V wagon, Volvo S60 w/ 300 hp and the Mini Clubman. Most likely from a practical standpoint is the Clubman. And we need a practical car next. But not boring. :)

The CTS-V wagon is awesome! 0-60 in under 4 seconds, and room to haul those Home Depot purchases.

i wouldn't go to a chiropractor if i were on fire and the only bucket of water was in their office.

Odd, a chiropractor (kinesiologist) is the only one who has been able to help me with a couple of health issues .... after years of bitching as MDs and DOs.

We'll have to agree to disagree again.

I'll take the advice of esteemed counsel over some bone-bender every time. The Eagle will be landing in my stomach shortly.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but FYI:

"Do not drink alcohol while taking Voltaren. Alcohol can increase the risk of stomach bleeding caused by Voltaren."

Doc prescribed voltaren (super advil). We'll see how that works. Could have been worse.

Voltaren is a great anti-inflammatory, and available over the counter in Australia and Canada. I can't believe you poor saps need a prescription for it......

I have prescription Voltaren gel that is the only thing that works with my ankle. I've tried all the pill anti-inflammatories out there, and though they offer various degrees of relief, I love the gel. It's even cooling, smells nice, and works instantly.

Feel better, Dinny.

/me is with reks on this one.

Yup.

If it has to do with inflammation, it really helps. When I was at my family reunion in August, I was basically not walking due to pain and swelling after stupidly trying to run 50 gates at the Detroit airport only to miss my connecting flight anyway. My cousin is a doctor and gave me the Voltaren gel, after all three kinds of oral NSAIDs I had with me did nothing at all. It didn't cure my stupidity, but I was able to hobble around after that.

what about post-surgical healing pain? oral NSAIDs don't cut it terribly well, but i don't want any more opiates... i still have significant swelling in my knee and shin, two months later, associated with pain.

Well shit, I don't see how it could make it any worse. At the very least, external application won't rot your gut like the tablets can.

I would need to massage it into my temples and the back of my head/neck.

I have done this many times. I can't really say if it ever helped the headaches I get, but the cooling sensation of the gel makes it seem like it's doing something good, especially when I'm at work and subjected to Bruno Mars on the radio all day as well as all the other singers that sound exactly like Bruno Mars, and who should all die and stop making headache inducing "music."

Reksy, is it too much to ask a gel to kill Bruno Mars?

Warning: do not click unless you have masochistic tendencies you would like to exercise:

I have had to listen to that song at least 546.3 times in the past couple days. I'm telling ya that we should use him as a war weapon to inflict pain and death upon our enemies.

Oh it's not so bad. It's probably the repitition that's killing it for you.

And: "...its effects".

Ah...you have brought me hope that the demon can be defeated. Also, according to Fed Ex tracking, my A5s (to drown him out) are currently in Billings, MT, and should arrive to me on the 22nd, which is also my 15th sober anniversary or Celebrate the Death of Demons Day as it will be known from here on out.