And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had bacon as part of a full English on "Tinkerbell" :) before landing at LHR

Thought I had been smart getting a payg mobile deal with all you can eat data (15 quid via three) for visit only to discover there is marginal/no signal at jo's mums house :palm:

Driving down to Brighton today, on the right side of the road in a Golf Blue motion. Will see what mpg I get given half a tank of diesel was 45 quid

Free WiFi in Starbucks (that's my excuse)

Nice weather though :)

Went to a very nice high-end shop in West Palm (that I have never been to) with Alan to hear the M-51. Very accomodating guy shot the breeze with us for almost two hours and played the DAC in two different systems, neither of which was enough "my cup of tea" that I can actually tell you with any certainy what the M-51 sounds like. It does seem promising, though. I bought a QRP pressing of a Dead record.

Then we went back to Alan's and listened to what that same music is supposed to sound like - or at least what both of us think it's supposed to sound like - on Alan's big system.

Then I installed my two new Squeezebox Touches.

All in all a really good day.

• Like 1

Went to see Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX. I haven't enjoyed a movie that much in years. Amazingly good. The film stood up really well and the digital transfer only suffered in a few spots. Music sounded great, dialog perfect. If you're a fan, go see it before they pull it out of IMAX.

Thanks for the advice on mint and aloe, guys. I was talking with my ex, Julie, and I was asking her if there was such a thing as Frontline for humans, and she said, "it's called bug repellant". So I'm going to try some aloe and/or mint to see what I can repel. My cats will probably want to lick me if I have mint on, though, so I'm not sure that's better (other than the lack of fear of Lyme disease -- which is a big plus), so will probably try the aloe first.

PS I love trains. I think it's really cool that you can go to completely different countries in Europe by trains, and have always wanted to do so.

I guess in an emergency situation, I might try aloe or mint (haven't tried before) but I always have at least 2 bottles of repellent at home and work. I usually use something with picardin or lemon-eucalyptus instead of deet. The mosquitoes love me and I have a allergic reaction to the bite which lasts for about a week - not gonna take chances (especially with the West Nile around here now).