And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent the afternoon with Santa Ernie and his wife and daughter from Miami, who were here on a cruiseship. Gave them the nickel tour, had lunch out at Rum Point, showed them some off-the-beaten-path places, etc. Nice people. They didn't kill me and I didn't kill them. Everyone was happy. You never know with strangers you meet online...

Congrat Justin.

Thanks. :)

Had an email argument with my boss. Such a douchebag. I hate him. He expressed to me how unhappy he was that there wasn't movement on a certain front, when in fact he should be happy that my priorities are straight and that I'm concentrating on the front that will allow our company to keep the contract.

Makes me mad just reading this.

I'm over it. He's an idiot. When you start an email with "I don't mean to sound like an ass, but..." -- guess what? I'm fully expecting you to sound like an ass. In fact, you probably sound more like an ass because of my expectations than you would if you hadn't said that.

He ended the argument with, "I don't have time for this." -- Exactly! With that one sentence, he told me exactly how important this is.

Came home from vacation, a gorgeous week in Southern Maine. Had been keeping my eye on work, and a project that's been poorly run and is late. The VP for our LatAm Operations and I had a great chat today, though, and I allayed his fears; and his proposed changes made my life a bit easier. So I'll put some weekend time in and calm things down some more.

Nice to know one is needed.....of course, if the project was run right to begin with, I would be just another cog and no one would be panicking.....

Nice to be back here reading up on things, too!