And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good luck and have fun, CJ!

I'm enjoying a day off from work and music, and will celebrate by fixing some fences so the cattle stop escaping.  Then, tomorrow I've got a dress rehearsal for the White Album tribute concert that one of my bands has been working on since the fall.  We're doing three performances this coming weekend.  I'm mostly playing drums and percussion, but singing lead on the Ringo songs as well.  I'm really looking forward to it, and looking forward to having some time off afterwards.

post-1175-0-64142100-1375807205_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I got my new NAS up and running and attached my old Seagate Go Flex external hard drive to the NAS to transfer files over.  I come back half a hour later to find my Seagate drive emitting a continuous droning sound with no files transferred over and invisible on the NAS.

Eeks.

I tried booting the external drive up while connected to my computer.  I can hear the disks spinning up and what sounds like the the actuator making a few repeated and consistent activation(?) sounds, before the drive then automatically turning off.  (This sequence occurs within a span of a few seconds.)  The exact sequence occurs when I tried taking the hard drive out of the enclosure and connecting it directly to my desktop's mobo.

Now I have to figure out what I can do.

Edited by Nanoha

I haven't checked this thread in a while...

Wow! Rude Wolf - a journalism job where holding your liquor is a BFOQ! You have no idea how nostalgic that makes me. That one's a keeper. Ride that pony as far as it goes. Double congrats!

Mike - Gumby is clearly full of win. Our cats are jealous of that cardboard box. Although they might not want to be mailed in it :-)

freezer

Unfortunately the high humidity in my environment makes me extremely uncomfortable about the potential condensation.  I don't think I have a convenient way of making the bag airtight either.  I think I might have to give up on the data in the drive for the foreseeable future.  This is what my drive sounds like:

While looking around on YouTube, I came across this:

Heh.

Edited by Nanoha

Inflamed gum, migrating molar and cavity under a crown.  Had the old crown removed this a.m and tooth prepped for the new one.  I think my brain finally thawed about an hour ago.  Amazing how Famous Grouse eases the discomfort and makes it so I no longer hurt like hell when I smile  ::)

Drink more, smile less.  I hope you feel better quickly Al!

Words of wisdom there.  I'm fine today. 

Normally I eschew novocaine but I knew this one was going to be bad.  Don't like the "fat" lip, "stone" face and "frozen" brain that results.  Glad I had it yesterday, and they had to reapply twice.