And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Today's lesson kids - Nate did not successfully find and/or close the bat entrance to his bedroom.

Results:

1. The NH bat population has been reduced by one assuming another spawn of satan has not already sprung free from the clutches of hell.

2. I will now sleep with a tennis racket under the bed.

3. It's 2:45est and I'm drinking. It's noon somewhere, right?

FML

• Like 1

I once got bitten by a bat when I was little. Don't think that I bacame rabbid or batman. Then again many things bit me when I was little - starting from a hornet to my granma who had the nasty habbit of tickling me to death and biting me in the ass. Maybe I'm bathornetgrannyman. The old gramps was an ambulance driver and she's documented as the holder of the land speed record for one of them old soviet "Latvija" ambulances. If im not mistaken she pushed 147km/h with one of these rockets-

raf_22031_latviya_medpomoshch_1.jpg

It had a 2.13 liter inline 4 cilinder engine with 95hp and whopping 19Nm of torque at around 2000rpm. The oficial declared top speed was 120km/h, but alas - the guy who was making the engine at the factory probably was in a good mood that day. Funnily enough her husband worked in such a factory.

Good luck Nate, hopefully no further visits will be required after this (last?) one.

Regarding naps: many years ago we were implementing a new Finance system in our Japanese subsidiary.  The Controller there was a smart and nice gent Yanaga-san.  EVERY day of the 2 weeks I was there - and I was told it was basically every day - he would stop work at pretty much precisely noon, eat a brown bag lunch for 5-10 minutes, and then simply fold his arms on the table, rest his head, and nap for the remainder of lunch hour.  Always back up by 1:00.

I can still picture him to this day.....certainly one of the more relaxed and easygoing people with whom I've worked.

Edited by skullguise