And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

What a day. Got the country's largest cell network provider and commute train company on my ass for publishing an article. Good thing the newspaper stood by my side.

If you try to implement free wifi on passenger trains (space age tech, right?) and it shits the fucking bed the first day with me on board, then don't expect I sugar coat it. The feeling was surreal, riding the train with some of the biggest industry names and no one bats an eyelash to the fact that nothing works!

When I was a project manager/sysadmin back at the old place I'd get skinned for an hour in digital darkness. Here everything went fine. The reps told me that I should try connecting to the access point in the other train cart.

I'd connect my boot to his ass if I'd been running this show...

551633_598159146903557_299672439_n.jpg

Edited by RudeWolf
  • Like 1

Yesterday, actually.

Had an adventure with a possum in the garage. I was dressed for work, on the way to my car. At first, I thought it was the world's largest rat. Once that was sorted out, I figured: open the door give it a little encouragement and send it in its way. I grabbed the nearest tool that looked suitable - a kayak paddle - and encouraged the critter. Nothing doing. It just crawled under the hurricane shutters. Hefted away a few panels and I had access to its ass. At least it wasn't going anywhere. It acted sick, in fact. But it may have been faking. Now it's a standoff. The deadliest, if not necessarily smartest, species vs the ass end of a lethargic rodent. It was weird. I stood there, reasoning in slow motion. I'd seen people pick up possums by the trail. But how do you do it in actual practice? What if it simply turns around and bites the crap out of me? I had found some gloves by this time. I figured that if it resorted to violence, I'd just punch it into the middle of next week with my free hand and it would be its fault. I actually thought that. Unbelievable. I picked up the poor animal and fortunately, it went along peaceably. I plopped it in a flower bed and that was that.

I can only imagine how totally he could have ruined my day if he had dug under that worst pile of junk in the back of the garage. Or if nobody found him for a few days and he died in there. Uuuck!