And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I thought Texas never got cold.  WTF indeed.   :-[   Sorry for your bad weather.

It depends what you call cold.  I would call anything under 60 degrees cold and this weather miserable.   We get snow or ice storms every once in a while (not every year) but they seem to be happening more often recently.   The freezes in the winter we've been having and the drought we had a couple of years ago have made my banana trees very very unhappy!

The good news is the ice storm has caused classes to be canceled today so I can stay home and do research. 

Total power outage at the apartment complex. But since all the IT kit (server, router, cable modem) has their own UPS post-545-13906234265236_thumb.jpg I can listen to knucks via mixlr on the iPad by remote controlled LED (fake) candlelight. post-545-13906235524263_thumb.jpg It's not the Zombie Apocalypse, as Kentfield is still illuminated. post-545-13906236527029_thumb.jpg At least some things work post-545-13906239812118_thumb.jpg And we've just had a robo call from PG&E with a current estimated fix of 11pm. Neighbors are over for wine and chocolates. Plenty of diet coke in stock. Tea might be tricky. At least it's not snowing.

• Like 4

Ugh.  Dealing with morons in a nightclub.  Don't let this go to your Heads, 'Case, but one of the things I treasure about this place is that on any given day there is exactly zero percent chance that I'm going to be the oldest, smartest or most cranky.  In my nightclub activities, I often run the table in all three categories. :palm: