Intriguing? Samsung hybrid amp

I'm trying to get some trade info on this line as I'm curious as well. Something like the 6922 alternatives spring to mind as the tube of choice. It's clearly a dual triode and normal noval size. I'd sure like to see the circuit as Samsung has an army of engineers so they could come up with something cool.

If wishes were fishes,..

I know this is a wild ass shot in the dark, but a few years back some engineers at the old Blackburn Mullard plant started producing a new plannar design 12ax7 equivalent under the MicroTech (sp) label.

I bought a few of them. And while they weren't as dimensional as the Raytheon 5751 windmill getters that I love in many applications, they are amazingly transparent and found a permanent home in the voltage stage of my phono stage.

To make a long story short, not long after they began to sell these, the CRT (their main products) demand from China dried up and MicroTech went belly up and all their assets were sold at auction.

I was bummed!

Myself and several other guys who'd tried this tube could only hope that some rich audio aware person would buy the design and tooling and start production again.

The pictures of the tube that Samsung is using looks similar but without a 360, I couldn't be sure. But, the timing is right (plenty of time to buy, move and produce the assembly line).

Wishful thinking probably!