Happy belated birthday Grandpappy Headphone.

Knuckledragger

Belated Happy Birthday, Tyll. prettyprincess.gifprettyprincess.gifprettyprincess.gif

I'm glad that you had such a nice one.

Ride safe. Start on a small bike. Keep the rubber side down. Watch out for those cagers, they're out to get you. Have fun.

Also, get instruction, get first class protective gear and always remember that you are invisible to cagers. Definitely have fun.

Speaking of riding motorcycles, Tyll, when are you coming out so SoCal for some fun? January or February might be a good time to do it. evil.gif

Edited by guzziguy

My dad rides an Electra Glide and my mum occasionally rides a Vespa. I should have plenty of advice available for me as my mother made the small bike mistake and tried to start out on a BMW R800f. As much as I would like to ride the bimmer I too am a tad afraid of it.

My dad rides an Electra Glide and my mum occasionally rides a Vespa. I should have plenty of advice available for me as my mother made the small bike mistake and tried to start out on a BMW R800f. As much as I would like to ride the bimmer I too am a tad afraid of it.

I think an old Honda CB350 is a lovely starter bike.

Honda%20CB350K4%2074.jpg

You can prolly pick up sumpin like that for around a grand. smile.png

I'd love a Honda like that however these kinds of bikes around here are ultra rare. The whole time period before the nineties is filled with crappy soviet bikes (keep in mind that this was The Social Republic of Soviet Latvia) that need two days of fixing for every day of riding.

And I've tried the Vespa. Really nice but needs more torque for me.

Well, it may be bad if I plan to ride two days straight. I guess that would then take four days of pre-fixing.

And Urals were pretty highly regarded back in the day. Nowadays they seem like a viable option to customize as there are plenty of parts floating around for cheap. Here's a good example-

http://www.fotoblog.lv/rep/27997/?cid=78656

http://www.fotoblog.lv/rep/27998/?cid=78656

Happy Belated Birthday, Tyll.

I bought my first headphone amp from you, a Cosmic Headroom, back in the late 90s. I still have it!

Ah, the days of listening to music on those crazy portable CD players. I remember having a Panasonic with the letters M.A.S.H. on it—not that I could tell you what those letters stand for anymore, but it was important at the time...

You really are the Grandpappy of all my years of headphone appreciation and great listening!

Thanks for all you do.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy belated bathday. Tyll.

Get an old smoker - Suzuki 500 Titan/Cobra.

Or a Lilac (BMW copy).

They used to call me a TA (Temporary Australian) for riding a jap riceburner two stroke.

I never got the same feeling of being one with the bike with a four stroke.

Even a Suzuki GSX-R750 with half-race motor running on AVGAS is not the same as a stroker on the boil......

Tall gutters and telegraph poles are there to make life interesting, same goes for those four wheeled motorised chicanes........