Parasound Zdac now in stores

swt61

Grahame, I may be misreading (as their site structure is a bit confusing), but isn't the above referenced from the Holm CD player? May make more since to lock to 44.1 there (or resample to 44.1 if not). Not sure if it applies to the Zdac (which then upsamples to 24/422kHz, right?). Or again I'm likely confused.

Ric, if you follow the link in my post you'll see it comes from the blurb about the HOLM DSPre 1 - itself an interesting product - DAC / DSP based preamp / crossover with optional room correction downloadable (to firmware?)

That's what they said, and I'm inferring / Reverse engineering from marketing speak - so I could be wrong. How much of it applies to the parasound DAC is a subject for conjecture. If only we knew of an IP lawyer who could actually look at what they are claiming :)

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Parasound and there's no downsampling to 44.1 and in fact the ""Clock Flawless" system is not part of the Zdac (and has been removed from descriptions/marketing) although Holm was still part of the design.

And although the Chord Red CDP comes in a ridiculous case, it's an upsampler I've enjoyed (for the few CDs I've heard with it).

chord_cd.jpg

Edited by blessingx

i'm sorry someone else is enjoying your flawless cock

Those are words I never expected to come out of Justin's mouth! smiley-shocked025.gif

Actually it's an alternate address I had on my FedEx account. Not sure why they delivered there, but I've already made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow. It's still sealed. :)

I still need to finish sand, round edges and put a Lacquer finish on the rack, but you can get an idea of what I was attempting. I have some feet coming for the rack as well. They look like they'll match the feet of the Parasound gear pretty well. I was planning on Walnut, until I discovered I had more than enough Cherry.

p1010024bg.jpg

p1010026qo.jpg

p1010028bn.jpg

p1010030qs.jpg

Looks can be deceiving, as this tower of smaller sized gear is damned heavy. These amps are no slouch, and yes I'm running my K1000s from two Zamps in bridged mode. No such thing as overkill. This desktop system powers both of my main speaker sets very well.

I know a few are curious about the sound of the new Zdac. Well I'm just starting my listening, but first impressions are very good. Definitely has that Parasound house sound. This is better than I expected a sub $500.00 DAC to sound.

Later I'll compare it to my Buffalo 32, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the beautiful, beautiful music.

It's approaching 50 lbs.

I got to use my newish pocket screw jig for all the joinery. I really like pocket screw technology, as you don't have to wait for glue to dry.

Ric, I didn't like the pre at all for about 10 minutes, until I figured out that I had the fixed-record outputs hooked up to the amps. Once I hooked the variable outputs up, it actually attenuated the volume. smile.png

I didn't really need it (until I decided to buy a used Ztuner), but got a great deal on it used. In fact the only piece I purchased new was the Zdac. And the handle just seemed useful, as I can carry it to friends houses pretty easy.

Edited by swt61