Tour de Cure Northern Virginia

VPI

Hi Guys, I figured I would post this to my friends here at HC.  I certainly support the cause as a Type 1 Diabetic and I do not believe I will have any trouble meeting my numbers but any support for the cause means a lot to me.

My Page: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/A1WDC-DistrictofColumbiaMetroArea?px=8725939&pg=personal&fr_id=8619

Thanks,

Jeff

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Finally have the bike set up to the way I like it.  Upgraded to the 2013 SRAM Red front derailleur to take advantage of the yaw control and have the seat setup up properly thanks to Chris' input.  Should be a nice long ride.   Just a couple of weeks to go.  Thanks everyone for all the donations.

I would like to but I also want to take the camera gear in since it looks like rain all weekend and I want to try the teleconverter at the National Zoo.  Don't know that I want to commute into DC with all that gear on my back.

Only three more days to the ride and I can't decide which bike to ride.  I have been thinking Cervelo all along but the Calfee does seem more comfortable (especially on rough terrain) which might be a benefit over its weight disadvantage.  Supposed to be humid and over 90 so I am trying to decide if I change out brake pads on the Calfee to put the Zipps on it and go for it or just stick with the Cervelo and the 2-3 pounds weight savings. 

Not really looking forward to this long ride in the hottest conditions I have ridden.

Jeff, after reading that I would recommend doing the wheel switch out and just riding the bike that is comfortable. It's worth it to be comfortable on the longer rides.

I use swiss stop king pads that do both carbon and aluminum and I like them a lot on my aluminum rims though others have complained.