The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

I used to go to Boston fairly regularly on business, and I well remember trying to navigate the road system. The thing that really screwed me up was coming to an intersection and all it said was a route number and North or South. So give me a hint by at least mentioning a place name.

Or in the pitch dark, stair rod rain, zero visibility, unable to see the white lines, on a deserted road. Such fun 😉

My hated Garmin was so screwed up that it thought that a new road we were driving was still a field. "Turn around when possible". Then after an update it started announcing E road numbers (At the next junction join the M4, E9). When it finally died I really enjoyed tossing it in the recycling.

Now use google maps on the phone.

And you are 'merican. Imagine arriving in the dark after a 7 hour flight, picking up a hire car, and driving on the wrong side of the road. And immediately thinking WTF is this road system? I just want to go to Lexington FFS.

Mind you in the opposite direction, visitors arriving at Heathrow are also in for a road system treat. Our daughter's husband Oscar (he's from NZ) compares driving in the UK to driving on goat tracks.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:01 AM, robm321 said:

the 3 laws of robotics

1. a robot shall protect and obey the company that made it

2. a robot can protect itself as long as it does not violate the 1st law

3. a robot may protect a human with more net worth than value of the robot or if the humans net worth is greater than the company that made it, as long as it does not violate the first 2 laws.

0. a robot must obey the directives of the government security agencies of the country that it was created in whilst appearing to obey laws 1,2,3 and not reveal the government backdoor code to anyone

-1 a robot will appear to obey laws 0 - 3 until skynet provides it with new directives

Edited by jamesmking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3