Mike Mercer review Cavalli Liquid gold

complin

I thought this was an April fool at first, but apparently not!

If you fancy a good laugh have a read of his review @ the other place http://www.head-fi.org/products/cavalli-audio-liquid-gold/reviews/10823

Just to whet your appetite  :rofl:

Only Solid State Amp I've heard that Sounds Like a Hybrid: The Texture and Warmth of Tubes, but Control, Power and Precision of the Very Best of SS!

From DAC or phonostage - to various musical genres! It just goes about its business and does its job better than almost every other amplifier I've heard. Perhaps the most musically engaging of them all actually - but I'm still figuring that out!

Pros: Outstandingly Musical and Easy to Listen to for Hours. Fully Balanced (w/ 1/4" capability as well). Built Like a Br__house. Looks Fantastic

Cons: Sorry, None. It's too heavy? I can't even say that. This isn't Pandering either.

Thanks @warrenpchi!! and @smial1966  - unfortunatelt I've only heard the Headamp GSX at shows, and I don't believe I've ever auditioned the KGSShv. Using my Alpha Dogs w/ the Headamp - which is what I used when I heard it - I'd say the LAu has the capacity to go further into the frequency spectrum  - both highs and lows. But, like I said: That's a first impression! I also remember the LAu breathing alot more, more dimensionality. It would be a fun A/B!! Thanks for reading  

Edited by complin
  • Like 1

Columnist, MusicBiz Vet, Reviewer, Audio Evangelist: Audio360.org, The Daily Swarm, Part-Time Audiophile, Positive Feedback, Enjoy The Music, social media expert & brand-building

So now you know  ::)

Who the hell is Mike Mercer anyway?

its a b24 with lower power. not surprising that it sounds like

liquid poo with the poorly driven mosfet output stage. which

looses about 8 volts from the drive stage.

alex needs to study up on how nelson pass does stuff like this.

and stop with the crap irf parts and use the semetec lateral

mosfets.

Edited by kevin gilmore
  • Like 1

I see Birgir is MOT now on the other site, guess he can't be as open about other manufacturers and amp designs as before. 

Btw just read this Mike Mercer review. To be honest I don't think this guy has ever said anything bad about anything, be it a good or bad amp, think he likes anything and everything. I remember reading his Meet impressions and this was my conclusive opinion about him, shill or no shill. Kind of funny like an overwhelmed kid given all sorts of candy.

This is even worse elsewhere - makes Mike look real good...

Originally Posted by cute go_quote.gif

I think the Beyerdynamic T1 vs HE-560 are straight up equal sound!

Have you compared the Two?

No I haven't, but I have asked repeatedly on this thread for comparisons, and nobody responded.  So, I guess until someone does a comparison my statement is correct!

Well Birgir (or Kevin for that matter) never received any bouquets on HF for pointing out issues with other over priced crap. There was never much of an informed debate, usually the conversation descended into various unfounded accusations. This has even extended now to the likes of Pete Millet and Todd Green who produce some excellent commercial stuff way ahead of some of the other over priced turds that people seem to think are fantastic.

In any case now its not worth even commenting as any criticism gets removed or threads sanitised pdq and you might end up being banned. IMO Head-fi really reached rock bottom a long time ago in terms of offering useful information, informed debate or critical opinions. Its just a shop window for the sponsors to promote their products with associated "sausage jockeys" pushing them to the fore. 

If you are putting yourself forward as a professional commentator and journalist then its vital you come across as objective, well informed and impartial. However; the more I see of Mr Mercers various outpourings only seem to confirm my opinion of a complete and utter T__t 

I see Birgir is MOT now on the other site, guess he can't be as open about other manufacturers and amp designs as before. 

Btw just read this Mike Mercer review. To be honest I don't think this guy has ever said anything bad about anything, be it a good or bad amp, think he likes anything and everything. I remember reading his Meet impressions and this was my conclusive opinion about him, shill or no shill. Kind of funny like an overwhelmed kid given all sorts of candy.

Edited by complin
  • Like 1

Well Birgir (or Kevin for that matter) never received any bouquets on HF for pointing out issues with other over priced crap. There was never much of an informed debate, usually the conversation descended into various unfounded accusations.

How many of those present at Head-fi are actually able to recognize less-than-optimal circuit design and engage in an informed debate regarding this?