DIY wiring Beats by dre studio V2 demo version

xGUSO

as most of us know that beats studios require batteries to properly work. i got my hand on a pair of demo/Retail version of beats studios. these headphones arent wired to have batteries placed in them and the  audio input ccable is hard wired to avoid theft. i got a good deal on these, with a spliced cable, what im trying to do here is wire them up so i can use them. IMAG0230.jpg

This picture shows what the wires look like once stripped of the insulation. two wires one copper and one copper braided with a blue wire.

IMAG0228.jpg

inside the copper braided wire are two wires, one black and one blie, my guess is that these are for the external power source

the green and red wires were wrapped in the b;ue and copper wire, i had to sand teh wires so that the copper would show and would have some conductivity.

IMAG0231.jpg

here is what im using to wire the audio input., seems like any way i try to wire them i cannot get them to work properly.  my ultimate goal is to wire them up to have a battery and a bluetooth receiver, but for now i just want to wire them correctly to work. even if that means using a AC to DC power source. any suggestions on how to wire these things to make them work would be much appreciated! thanks guys.

Currawong via innerfidelity comments section:  "As for negative reviews: There are forums focussed on trashing what the members see as bad products, but that just turns them into sites for negative and hate. That isn't fun."

This thread is proof that it is fucking fun.  At least the thread starter has not come back for more punishment. Yet.

• Like 1

Currawong via innerfidelity comments section:  "As for negative reviews: There are forums focussed on trashing what the members see as bad products, but that just turns them into sites for negative and hate. That isn't fun."

What?  No, we're trying to warn people off.  I mean, these are fucking BEATS for pete's sake.  People should know by now they're crap, but there's always someone new or they just haven't figured out how to lmgtfy for themselves.  So it bears repeating.

Beats?  Bad.  Monster?  Boycott.  Bose?  Overpriced.

We spend most of our time listening to the sweet beautiful music.

currawong finds rave reviews fun, because it generates more free gear

Well, yeah, there's that, too ;)

What?  No, we're trying to warn people off.  I mean, these are fucking BEATS for pete's sake.  People should know by now they're crap, but there's always someone new or they just haven't figured out how to lmgtfy for themselves.  So it bears repeating.

Beats?  Bad.  Monster?  Boycott.  Bose?  Overpriced.

We spend most of our time listening to the sweet beautiful music.

One person's warning is another person's buzzkill.  You see, the other site is like Portobello Road from Bedknobs and Broomsticks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYBECKl0zFo

Why u fuq wit dat?

as most of us know that beats studios require batteries to properly work. 

I gotta ask

What is up with this word order I have very frequently* seen over the past few months? 

"properly work" WHAT THE FUCK! 

Its EVERYWHERE. So annoying I find it. A bunch of Yodas we will all soon sound like. 

*Because fuck you.

currawong finds rave reviews fun, because it generates more free gear

It's also hard to be negative about anything if you lack the basic brain activity to understand any of this. 

I gotta ask

What is up with this word order I have very frequently* seen over the past few months? 

"properly work" WHAT THE FUCK! 

Its EVERYWHERE. So annoying I find it. A bunch of Yodas we will all soon sound like. 

*Because fuck you.

I think it is the true mark of stupidity.  It doesn't even work in Icelandic where word order is pretty much free. 

• 3 years later...