slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once. I was 13 and found a stash of Hustler magazines in the woods. Unfortunately I didn't find any lotion. :(

The vagrant who left the magazines there as bait was likely availing himself of the lotion behind a tree somewhere in peepin' range.

This brings back memories!

That said, I will take this opportunity to say that I think Legos are one of the most awesome toys ever created. Sure I had the GI Joes, the Transformers, the TMNT, but I always kept coming back to Legos. They were a constant source of inspiration for me to invent a robot, a dinosaur, a spaceship, and figure out how to build it.

When I have kids, regardless of whether boys or girls, and what the future wife buys for them, there WILL be Legos.

This brings back memories!

That said, I will take this opportunity to say that I think Legos are one of the most awesome toys ever created. Sure I had the GI Joes, the Transformers, the TMNT, but I always kept coming back to Legos. They were a constant source of inspiration for me to invent a robot, a dinosaur, a spaceship, and figure out how to build it.

When I have kids, regardless of whether boys or girls, and what the future wife buys for them, there WILL be Legos.

Lego - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Onymous Lefty: Lego bricks vs "legos"

The company is still completely right, though: calling the bricks "legos" makes you sound like a total fuckwit.

fischertechnik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia FTW :)

Um, I think the article has gone a bit too much into reading why Americans say it that way.

I am not US-born, but I consider myself Americanized since I was pretty much raised here.

That said, I'd like to take the Occam's Razor approach on this one, and simply say that the "s" is added at the end because Americans think of plural forms with "s" at the end. Cars. Trucks. Planes. Headphones. Amps.

That's just my take on it. No mystery. Grammatically it may still be wrong, but I think that is the most sensible explanation, IMO.

Yeah, that. And laziness. We have a tendency to shorten things anyway -- instead of saying, "...Kleenex tissues...", we say, "...kleenexes..."; instead of saying, "...make Xerox copies..." we say, "...xerox..."; instead of saying, "...search using Google...", we say, "...google..."; ad infinitum.