slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be easier if people stoped scrubbing the price off their completed adds. but until then some method of compulsion for disclosure is an attractive thought. I suspect people will tend to be more honest while working through the list than employing their creativity to concoct a socially acceptable (ramification free), free form feedback.

It would be easier if people stoped scrubbing the price off their completed adds.

I disagree. The price I sell/buy something for is my business, and a private selling/purchasing decision based on what I am willing to sell/pay for. I don't want it to set a precedent for market price - either high or low.

I think that if you can't work out what something is worth to you, without checking what everyone else has had to pay, then you probably shouldn't be buying/selling it.

In any case...... IPodPJ...... :palm:

Alternatively, I ask to keep the price on everything I buy, and get the buyer's permission to do the same for everything I sell. If I want to sell something for more than the market will bear, I'd prefer to know that before I waste my time. Likewise for the obverse -- if market prices are higher than what it is worth to me, I'd prefer to collect that windfall myself, rather than allow the buyer to possibly flip it for me.

I've got a buddy who runs a record label. Going to send him this article and see what he says.

I know here in the states I think the label can do that. In many ways it's a work for hire. About the only way you can stop them as an artist is buy the masters, and there's not many who can afford to do that. I know Tim McGraw got pissed off at Curb for releasing a greatest hits package when he had an album that was almost ready. Problem is it wasn't finished before the quarter and the label needed to put out a revenue stream to try and make some money. I'm curious if he recorded any of those tracks before his contract ended.

On first look I'd say the label didn't really do anything wrong, but I'll wait and see what my friend says since he knows quite a bit about overseas rights.