Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Tried to buy a PS3 tonight, got screwed by Sony and their dumbass CC and will now have to wait at least 2 weeks before I can order it at the discounted price. At least they'll honor the discount but it's annoying nonetheless.

Mike, your son needs an old vintage Land Rover from the late 60s or early 70s. It's only got 2 seats and is so slow he can hardly get himself in trouble with it. Trust me, I had one. :)

I remember when my dad also bought me a '67 Camaro then my mom found out.

:(

My first car was a '72 Cuda.

Posting the car without saying what was in it is pretty misleading. The '67 Camaro could have been a 6-banger, or V8... possibly a 327 (or was it still 283 in '67???) or even a big block (396 for sure, 427 was also probably available). The Cuda could also have been a 6-banger, a 318, a 340, 440 (think so in 72) and maybe even a 426 hemi.

My first car was a '70 Chevelle SS396 4spd. Sometimes I wish I still had it :eek: For my son's sake, I'm glad that I don't.

My first car was a '72 Cuda.

72' Duster here.

I was having the block bored at my local machine shop when I spotted a 426 Hemi complete with high stall B&M automatic trans, 671 roots blower and it was the twin distributer (2 sparkplugs per cylinder) racing motor.

They were selling it for the cost of the work done on it. The guy couldn't pay, and the total cost was $2,500.00. I tried and tried to talk my Dad into letting me buy it. He never would relent. Now I understand that my 16 y.o. self + light bodied Duster + 1000 HP engine would have = disaster, but do you have any idea what that motor is worth today?

Oh and for Pars...

340 block, ported and polished heads, 850 Holley, Edelbrock high rise manifold, Hooker headers, Accel distributer, 11-1 compression (kept blowing head gaskets) and a B&M automatic w/high stall torque converter.

Edited by swt61