Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yes, please. And what's the black paint for?

I should get some ultra-fine sandpaper, too -- don't want it to look too new.

I should misspell something. Gado. HP-2001. Something.

EDIT: Nevermind, don't need the black paint, none of that came off, only the outer circle lettering.

PS What does it say, specifically? Grado something Precision something HP-1000?

The black paint would be just if the L letter is missing or the circle around it in the front side of the holder. You'd need it also for the JGL logo in the center, but you said it's OK.

It says "● JOSEPH GRADO SIGNATURE PRODUCTS ● HP 1000" If you really want the pics I can take them for you, drop me a PM.

I hope this one works out better for you. I've been following your Oppo-related misadventures with some interest. I'm going to be in the market for one sometime in the new year, if I can stop hemmoraging money elsewhere.

Well after using the DV-980H for a few days I can definitely say I'm pretty happy with it. It took a bit of playing with different resolutions and video settings on both the player and the TV, but now everything is looking a lot better than my old Denon. It is a bit revealing of faults in the source video, but anything with at least a semi-decent transfer and isn't overly compressed looks great. It also has a gamma adjustment that the DV-981HD didn't have, which is immensely useful since the Panasonic's gamma curve is slightly off and non-adjustable.

Well after using the DV-980H for a few days I can definitely say I'm pretty happy with it. It took a bit of playing with different resolutions and video settings on both the player and the TV, but now everything is looking a lot better than my old Denon. It is a bit revealing of faults in the source video, but anything with at least a semi-decent transfer and isn't overly compressed looks great. It also has a gamma adjustment that the DV-981HD didn't have, which is immensely useful since the Panasonic's gamma curve is slightly off and non-adjustable.

Cool. Is the main advantage of the 981HD over the 980H that the former has the supposedly better video chipset? Apart from that the 980H seems like a more feature-rich unit. Have you tried the USB input on it yet? I'm also curious how Oppo players handle scratched disks.

3428 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 5FT Cable - Gray

3433 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 5FT Cable - White

2302 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 7FT Cable - Black

3435 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 10FT Cable - Black

2114 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 3FT Cable - Blue

2295 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 3FT Cable - Black

2322 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 50FT Cable - Gray

5019 CAT 6 500MHz UTP 30FT Cable - Gray

1557 Toslink to Mini M/M OD:5.0mm, Molded Type - 6ft

34 IEEE-1394 FireWire iLink DV Cable 6P-6P M/M - 3 ft (CLEAR)

35 IEEE-1394 FireWire iLink DV Cable 6P-6P M/M - 6 ft (CLEAR)

334 9 PIN/ 9PIN BETA FireWire 800 - FireWire 800 Cable, 6FT, CLEAR

2671 Toslink Female to Toslink Mini Male Adapter

3897 USB A to mini-B 5pin cable - 10FT

3896 USB A to mini-B 5pin cable - 3FT

3895 USB A to mini-B 5pin cable - 1FT

1301 Power Extension 16AWG Cable 6ft - Black

2535 Power Extension 16AWG Cable 10ft - Black