Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I was on my way to the post office today when I noticed some guy having a garage sale.

Bought 150 LP's in good condition (his very own personal collection) for $100.

Lot of old school Spanish music that reminds me of my childhood times with my cousins (Julio Iglesias, for example), some Rolling Stones, Carpenters, lots of different stuff.

I will compile a list of everything later. I asked the old man why he was selling them. Well, he had just sold the house and was moving upstate with his wife. They were going to drive there, so everything had to go. Everything is in pristine condition: original sleeves and all. Now I have forced myself to fix that busted Thorens I got.

I asked him what happened to his turntable. He replied that was the first thing that sold. I think he mentioned it was a Thorens... I forget exactly because I was too busy flipping thru the records. He refused to sell his records to people he thought were "flippers," out to sell his collection for money.

When I started talking to him about music, his eyes lit up, and he was happy that they were going to someone who would appreciate his collection.

Nice old man. Looks like he had head-caser potential.

But I didn't bring it up. The last thing a man his age needs is to be using retirement money on audio gear.

:(

Poor, sad little Staxen.

Apologies Hop, I couldn't swing the money for both the Stax and CanJam-fare, but with the HD600 I should still be able to make the trip. I had also told Brent that I was thinking about taking his stock HD580 off his hands, hopefully he won't be pissed at me for going another direction :/.