Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Those are the old Living Stereo transfers done in the 90s. Sound Mirror remastered all of them for DSD and redbook when they were released as hybrids in the 2000s. Those are now OOP.

I just read the same thing. So, is being OOP in this case a good thing or a bad thing? Meaning, how good are the original transfers? I think at the price I'll chance it.

I just read the same thing. So, is being OOP in this case a good thing or a bad thing? Meaning, how good are the original transfers? I think at the price I'll chance it.

I mean the hybrid SACDs are OOP, but a bunch of them are still in stock at amazon for less than $10 each. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, I completed my set a while ago. If there is a particular performance you want get it now before they are gone for good. I have never heard the redbook only CDs, though a lot of people on another classical board think the new redbook hybrid SACD mastering is better. The hybrid SACDs did use the original first generation tapes, I don't know which tapes the redbook only CDs used.

Edited by deepak

I mean the hybrid SACDs are OOP, but a bunch of them are still in stock at amazon for less than $10 each. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, I completed my set a while ago. If there is a particular performance you want get it now before they are gone for good. I have never heard the redbook only CDs, though a lot of people on another classical board think the new redbook hybrid SACD mastering is better. The hybrid SACDs did use the original first generation tapes, I don't know which tapes the redbook only CDs used.

I'd agree. I bought one or two of the original redbook only CDs, thought 'meh', and stopped. When the SACD hybrids came out, I wasn't so excited, but a Music Direct guy talked me into one. I loved it and ended up buying a bunch more. I never compared the CD layer of the SACD hybrid to the CD-only redbook CD, though. Got

lazy over the years, I guess, or just not enough time.

Sometimes you just get lucky. In a week of some unlucky events and some lucky ones, I stumbled upon a visit by Parker Beam to a downtown liquor store. He is here for WhiskeyFest, which I have to miss because of the Giants vs. Braves playoff game, and he had a couple bottles of their new wheated cask strength bourbon from the Parker's Heritage series. I happened in at lunch and then ran back over there 90 minutes later to meet the man and hopefully snag a bottle. Oddly enough, there was basically nobody there and so I chatted with the master distiller and he signed a bottle for me. I even got a 10% discount for the event! Here is a quick pic of Parker's work and my lucky autographed score:

web.jpg?ver=12865790660001