Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

yeah, the SE530s have proper treble, not way too much.

keep in mind that i'm a speaker guy: properly built speaker systems have treble presentations that are very different from headphones, generally being airier and more laid back. kinda like live music. the 530s get the laid back treble part right (hard to do airy with an IEM), but it extends as far as it needs to and is nicely detailed. these sound pretty similar to the HD650s, in my opinion. they are a little more sensitive than they need to be (just like the E5s), but you get used to it.

I gave my E5s away and traded my 580s for being dull. I like a bit more treble to compensate for my fucked ears.

yeah, i think you are. :) they are really nice, i'm glad i bought them. they come in a cool aluminum box, too. :)

they do the ety thing better than the etys? fuck, i love the etys, but if there are better etys, then i must get them. plus i've always hated how the etys stick out of your ears, unlike the shures.

well, the 530s are a lot better than the E5s. they are quite balanced across the whole spectrum, which the E5s, while fun, certainly weren't. in fact, i think the 530s do all the Etymotic stuff better than the Etys, while also doing all that Shure stuff. i hate to be "that guy," but how were you amping the 580s?

I ran them from my Nad, my Panny, a Gilmore Lite and my Hafler through a ASL headphone transformer and other sundry devices. They always kept the same sound sig and I just don't like it.