Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

You ok Jay? Sounds like you went down or tipped the bike over.

Dropped it in the driveway. Post from another forum:

Every morning I start my bike, and let it warm up on our front walk. This morning, for some unknown reason, I decided to put it in the driveway. I got off it, walked away and I heard the crash.

The damage? One clutch lever, front turn signal and a few more small scratches to the fairing. That side of the bike's fairing had a bit of rash from the previous owner, so there was no major damage done, since I was going to paint it anyway. Still sucks though.

All in all it only cost me $5 more than I was planning on spending, so I guess it was a cheap lesson.

You ok Jay? Sounds like you went down or tipped the bike over.

Sounds like a tip over. If you go down on any modern faired bike, it will be a lot more than this unless one is then going to go the "street fighter" route. Don't worry Jay, everyone has done this. It's the main reason that I recommend people buy an inexpensive, naked bike as their first bike.

I recently bought the ridiculous and sublime, both from Vince Vaughn. The sublime is a jewel-like 6" mini to mini cable. The ridiculous is a 50', 1/4" headphone extension cable so I can listen to my main setup when sitting in the den. It, of course, is extremely well built and I don't notice any reduction in SQ.

Edit: Jay's post came in while I was composing this one. Jay, there's no need to warm up modern motorcycles. It's just a waste of gas. Also, now you see why it's recommended to not leave a running bike unattended. There are lots of things that can go wrong. Lastly, with many inline 4 cylinder bikes, it's not a good idea to run them while on the side stand. The high cylinder can suffer from oil starvation. Of course, this depends on the bike and engine.

Edit: Jay's post came in while I was composing this one. Jay, there's no need to warm up modern motorcycles. It's just a waste of gas. Also, now you see why it's recommended to not leave a running bike unattended. There are lots of things that can go wrong. Lastly, with many inline 4 cylinder bikes, it's not a good idea to run them while on the side stand. The high cylinder can suffer from oil starvation. Of course, this depends on the bike and engine.

I'll take that into consideration. Thanks.

Very lucky! It's why I no longer have any faired motorcycles. Your cost was more typical. Of course, you didn't already have some rash on the fairing that you could continue to ignore. :P

;)

Plus I know paint guys :) my entire respray will cost me about $50 ;D

Which is another reason I don't mind having a full fairing bike (until I kill a fairing, then I'll eat my words).

Picture027.jpg

Found a sony d4 at the goodwill today for 3.99. It's a pretty good find. I own a hand full of vintage sony PCPs and this one is with out a doubt has the best headphone out but it's still not better than even my modest full sized CDP. It's going to be my bed side cdp until something better comes along.

5 gallons of latex interior paint. 3 gallons of white, 2 gallons of medium gray. i start painting this weekend. gotta complain to the landlord first, though, because, as of today, he hasn't done the cleaning at the apartment that he said he would.

Woo Hoo! White and Grey, that's a little bold isn't it?

Nice, Mike. Goes without saying that I like the aesthetic. :)

Me - custom shielded transformer for a little project likely to end up in this thread some time soon.

Thanks. I had these amps on loan from Oz a while back and Jp and I both liked them alot.

Can't wait to see how that "little project" turns out. ;)

Damn Mike, are you going to cook those right on top of the Hibachis? Congrats, those look sweet and almost Menacing. :cool: Have you heard them yet?

I had a pair of these in my system a few years back, on loan. They are sweet. I've been nervous about them due to the 8417 tube being out of production. This pair is alleged to be pretty much unused. Whether they cook or smoke the Hibachi's, we will see.

A Canon EOS Rebel K2 film camera and a 28-90mm kit lens. I was not in the market for another consumer level film body (I want an Elan II or 7) but I was working at the club last night and this girl offered it to me for $50. I had $48 in my wallet, and she took it. I tested it mechanically, and it works fine. I'm going to load some BW400CN into it later this afternoon, and give it a whirl.