Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Just bought this for below asking price. The retail according to HR's website was $1878.

FS: HeadRoom Ultra Desktop MINT - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

That's a very nice piece of gear. The thing I like about the HR Desktop is that it has really become a Swiss Army Knife piece of kit, but without sacrificing SQ. Plus you know that it will play nice with just about any phones you throw at it.

That's a very nice piece of gear. The thing I like about the HR Desktop is that it has really become a Swiss Army Knife piece of kit, but without sacrificing SQ. Plus you know that it will play nice with just about any phones you throw at it.

I decided not go with a P-1 just yet so this gives me the option of using the HD800 with this or the beta.

Nice! I continue to be seriously tempted by the Headroom Max that Dept. of Alchemy is selling right now over there. If he gets anywhere near $2,500 I'm going to start to twitch...

I think at that price, despite having a DAC, I would call Todd and buy a Luxman P-1

Nice Mikey! Let me know when you are selling it because my Desktop has Home modules and I might buy yours and sell mine. I am putting in my P-1 order today if I can get Todd on the phone. ;D

You have first dibs. I will have the demo P-1 at some point and can compare all three, hopefully with the HD800.

last night, tequila, rye, cognac, bailey's, vodka, cheesecake, tomato juice, olive oil. had a little get together.

So the cheesecake obviously is to spread over breasts and lick off. The Olive oil is even more self explanatory, but what about the tomato juice? Or is that strickly to partner with the Vodka?

Nice! I wanna see finished pics please.

Well, here it is finished, but not hung yet...

1234122027_dsc00317.jpg

Made the frame out of pine, which also has a piece of drywall mounted to the back side. I painted the frame to match the panels, and the drywall to match my wall color. Then I mounted the panels from the back side. This should allow me to hang the whole thing on the sloping wall and the eye should be tricked into thinking the panels and frame are mounted directly to the wall. That's the plan, at least.

Go with the WD Black 1TB. Its better anyway.

You're mad! The LaCie is FW400, USB2.0 and eSATA. The WD is USB2.0 only (unless you're referring to a model that I am unaware of.) Furthermore already have one LaCie 1TB Poulton drive, and a second would stack on top of it and look similarly shiny and black and sexy.

Went a little crazy today, actually this weekend. I just picked up a Audio Horizons TP 8.0 MM phono stage for $300 shipped and pp'd ($745 retail) and a Soundsmith SMMC1 cart for $450 ($750 retail). I want to see if the combo will compete or better my ASR Mini Basis and Zyx Yatra. Jp has filled my head with good stuff about the Soundsmith cart. I auditioned the MC Audio Horizon phono pre and it was the only phono pre I've had that was as quiet as the ASR.

Made the frame out of pine, which also has a piece of drywall mounted to the back side. I painted the frame to match the panels, and the drywall to match my wall color. Then I mounted the panels from the back side. This should allow me to hang the whole thing on the sloping wall and the eye should be tricked into thinking the panels and frame are mounted directly to the wall. That's the plan, at least.

Good idea. That turned out quite nice.

What's the significance to that particular fox?

Went a little crazy today, actually this weekend. I just picked up a Audio Horizons TP 8.0 MM phono stage for $300 shipped and pp'd ($745 retail) and a Soundsmith SMMC1 cart for $450 ($750 retail). I want to see if the combo will compete or better my ASR Mini Basis and Zyx Yatra. Jp has filled my head with good stuff about the Soundsmith cart. I auditioned the MC Audio Horizon phono pre and it was the only phono pre I've had that was as quiet as the ASR.

Good job. You made it 39 days into the no gear year.

Two tickets to a Cowboy Junkies concert in April. :dance:

You will not regret it. They were great last night.

1234122027_dsc00317.jpg

:o

nice, very nice... damn.

You're mad! The LaCie is FW400, USB2.0 and eSATA. The WD is USB2.0 only (unless you're referring to a model that I am unaware of.) Furthermore already have one LaCie 1TB Poulton drive, and a second would stack on top of it and look similarly shiny and black and sexy.

Yes, it has outstanding inputs and looks sexy. Doesnt change what drive is used. ;)

I was going to suggest DIY (much cheaper), but stack-ability is nice. OTHT, you could always get a two-drive enclosure - Mediasonic makes one with FW800 that I use with my MBP :D

Good idea. That turned out quite nice.

What's the significance to that particular fox?

Thanks. I was really at a loss on how to hang it. Which is why 15 months after moving in I still don't have anything hung up! It actually looks pretty good on the easel until I figure out where the strapping and rafters are to hang it.

The fox is the art from Neko Case's Fox Confessor Brings The Flood CD... The design actually on the CD, though the entire packaging is beautiful. It was the perfect storm of an album I adore (and cannot tire of) and a design I really liked that seemed like it would suit the space and my wall color.

Here's a shot of it in the center of the limited edition blue vinyl...

blue_vinyl.jpg

:o

nice, very nice... damn.

And the pictures don't do it justice... The thing is 44" x 38" and really, really grabs your attention in person. My aunt did a great job on the panels, and the whole thing seems to have come together very well.