Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

5volep.jpg

The Complete New Yorker Book and DVD Set. Could not pass this up for $26 shipped (curse you head-case!) I got the 1925-2005 set. I don't really need to remember 2005-2008 just yet, if you know what I mean. Their sodding order system died on my the first time. I had to go back, re-add the item, and then delete the dupe. It worked the second time without a hitch.

The order I placed was for enough parts for two amps plus quite a bit of random ESP stuff/BH parts and the total was 250$+shipping. I bought a 280-0-280v/55mA R-core off ebay for 40$ and some 2SJ74's at 10$. The case I have (Galaxy or I find something nice and gut it) and quite a few of the parts needed (standoffs, RCA sockets, volume pot, IEC inlet, fuse holder, vector boards, stax sockets etc.) but they aren't expensive. This amp will be SE only though as I don't have a balanced source so that means I have more choice with pots. Odds are I'll go with a Noble here as usual.

yeah, good luck with that :)

Yeah, that's never going to happen. The 717 is about 7-900$ used and a screaming deal at that so a 300$ amp will not beat it but it will be fun trying. That being said the target headphone is the Lambda range and a simple, affordable DIY amp that most can build is clearly a good thing for the community. That is will probably outperform the RSA A-10 is just a bonus... ;D

I just placed an order for all the parts needed to build the Poor Man stat amp. Now we'll see if it is possible to build an amp for less then 300$...

Cool, keep us updated with that. If it turns out to be a great project, I might try to build it to drive Koss ESP950 on the cheap. There's a black hole right now in the <800$ price range for stats amps.

Cool, keep us updated with that. If it turns out to be a great project, I might try to build it to drive Koss ESP950 on the cheap. There's a black hole right now in the <800$ price range for stats amps.

Will do. If this design doesn't pan out then we'll just have to start on a new one.

A Parasound 1500 D/AC. Holy smokes, is this thing even an upgrade from my DAPs! I thought the hum in my CKKIII was due to the amp - but when I plug in the Parasound the noise floor drops! I'm almost don't want to go on holiday this weekend so I can listen more ;D