Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I bought a "big ass disc transport" and "superior vintage D/AC" from Hug & Dance Audio. This thing is indeed big... gonna have to rearrange everything tomorrow to properly fit it in. Needs moar blackgates too, plenty of space for them in the cd player.

audioalchemytf5.jpg

The most common Xbox 360 failure is the red ring of death (RROD).

From all my reading, I personally think the blame lies with lead free solder. The massive heat load and thermal cycling of the early units caused stress fractures in the tiny solder bridges on the CPU and GPU. Leaded solder is soft and would normally handle it. Lead free solder is much more brittle and cracks much more easily. Over the next few years, we will likely see many more electronic devices dying an early death because of this.

Newer versions of the 360 don't suffer anywhere near as badly, as the CPU/GPU put out considerably less heat and the cooling system is much better designed.

That being said, I've has a 360 for over two years, and have only ever had a problem with dirty disk errors. Easily fixed by buying the 120Gb hard drive and installing the games to that.

I thought most of the problems people were having was with the 1st gen 360's. I believe I have a 2nd gen and it hasn't given me any problems yet. There is a 3rd gen also that came out late last year.

And "on topic" I just bought the blue note sacds + subscribed to get the others whenever they come out. :)

I bought a "big ass disc transport" and "superior vintage D/AC" from Hug & Dance Audio. This thing is indeed big... gonna have to rearrange everything tomorrow to properly fit it in. Needs moar blackgates too, plenty of space for them in the cd player.

audioalchemytf5.jpg

Nice! I was wondering who picked those up.

Nice! I was wondering who picked those up.

Yeah, I totally can't afford it right now, but it's a nice combo and I couldn't resist. The letters included with the components were hilarious... "If you are not satisfied with the performance of this here complicatede piece of shite, please do not hesitate to garnish the insides with a few High-Resolution AURICAP capacitors. We know you will find your glorious sound in this marvelous device with some tender lovin' care." :D

Xbox 360 is where it's at for a 100% hardware fail rate. My brother's about to start the process of sending in broken unit number 2. Even the Dreamcast was more reliable than that.
Pfff. 2. I have a friend who went through...8, I think? He loves it that much that he was willing to endure replacement after replacement.

I've been waiting since late October for this Samsung TV to get cheap. I'm surprised as its price seems to fluctuate up and down. This weekend it's on sale at my favorite online store. It's almost the cheapest I've seen it and I love OneCall.com. So I finally pulled the trigger. Of course, now that I finally went ahead, the price will probably drop like a rock next week. :palm:

OneCall has some great prices, but they're so fucked up, I can't order from them. Because my primary billing address is a PO box for both CC and paypal, they can't ship to it.

All you have to do is call your CC and have them authorize another address. I did it for my work address which is now confirmed through paypal as well.

A basic table lamp. Turns out it's cheaper to buy the whole lamp and strip off what I need than it is to buy the individual parts in DIY kits. :rolleyes: With due respect to H-C's simian and pentaleonine members, I think it's time we officially start shooting lawyers. I removed four idiot warnings off a lamp that's barely a foot high. Two stickers on the socket, one on the bottom, and a huge one on the cord. There was also a plastic protector on the plug and paper stuffed into the socket. I'm glad I'm so well guarded against the perilous dangers presented by a fucking table lamp. I should count my blessings that I don't live in a country that uses 240v for everything. :rant:

A basic table lamp. Turns out it's cheaper to buy the whole lamp and strip off what I need than it is to buy the individual parts in DIY kits. :rolleyes: With due respect to H-C's simian and pentaleonine members, I think it's time we officially start shooting lawyers. I removed four idiot warnings off a lamp that's barely a foot high. Two stickers on the socket, one on the bottom, and a huge one on the cord. There was also a plastic protector on the plug and paper stuffed into the socket. I'm glad I'm so well guarded against the perilous dangers presented by a fucking table lamp. I should count my blessings that I don't live in a country that uses 240v for everything. :rant:

Bought a small table lamp yesterday and noticed the same thing.

STICKERORAMA. I never knew lamps were so sinister.