Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Is it really worth that much as an academic endevour? I'm weighting myself towards the fact that it's as much of a coffee table book as anything else.

Good question. I'm buying it partly since I'm an estat nut, good amazon.com reviews, I like Ken Kessler's writing, and I like having uncommon stuff :P

Is it really worth that much as an academic endevour? I'm weighting myself towards the fact that it's as much of a coffee table book as anything else.

Well KK did dig deep on some info on Peter's Balls which were a great read about where Quad could have gone and also there is some great info on how the ESL's came of age. I did enjoy it tremendously... 'nuff said. :)

Well I have a bunch of stuff on its way:

Benz Lukaschek PP-1 phono stage (will be my 2nd, I like it a lot)

Audioquest King Cobra 1m ICs

5x Audioquest Jaguar 1m (2 pairs, one single - for my mono rig :))

I can't believe I'm spending money on cables again :palm:

The AQ Diamondback made me realize I like pretty cables, I like them to have a solid feel, and I like sleek non-locking RCA connectors that slide on/off well. These weren't too expensive used, and I can sell them without much loss if I feel they're not worthwhile over the diamondbacks.

And now I need to sell a Rogue Stealth phono stage and a Martin Logan Depth i subwoofer, soon as I stop being lazy.

A large part of Dan's home system and a pair of APS 4 Pin balanced K340s to play with. Now I just need to find a Senn headphone to connect to the cables I bought and a four pin XLR extension cable so I don't have to stand next to the rack to listen.

Hey Pete:

How does the SME setup jig work? Could you perhaps post a picture of it?

It works very well. I used it first, and then compared to the SME V Baerwald protractor I had downloaded, and for all intents and purposes they alignment was the same (at least with my poor eyes)

SME protractor on top of Baerwald

digipete-albums-vinyl-rig-picture528-sme-309-4.jpg

Just Baerwald

digipete-albums-vinyl-rig-picture527-sme-309-3.jpg

Was it a straight swap with the stock Technics tonearm or did you have to mod the plinth?

You have to remove about 20 screws from underneath the TT to remove the rubber base and inner vibration damper.

Then you unbolt the old tonearm (3 screws) and remove. Bolt in the new armboard (3 screws). Then mount the new tonearm.

You do have to cut out part of the rubber base where the tonearm comes out to make clearance for the cable (really easy - a few minutes with a serrated steak knife :D)