Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Canon EOS 5D Mark II

After giving my niece/goddaughter my 40D I meant to buy one of these but hesitated. I kept the good lenses, in anticipation of the new beasty. Frustration over amp internal pics pushed me to pull the trigger. Happy now, although I want more lenses, of course. :)

Once you go full frame(FF) there is no going back :)

It's down hill from here as to get the most out of FF you will need to purchase lenses that are $1500+.

Thanks fellas. It was silly waiting this long to buy it but I am happy I have it now. I considered going the Nikon route because Gene and Peter are big proponents, but this thing is more familiar from the 40D days and IT'S GOT 21 MP and HD VIDEO BEOTCH!

Dan, it's true I am not really prone to half measures at this point in my life. O0

for myself:

- Antennas Direct DB2 (HDTV antenna), damn this thing really works! Getting much better reception now over UHF.

- Stax SR-404 Limited (pre-order). I got twitchy.

for my mom:

- HP G60t laptop PC (Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz and 2 GB RAM), to replace an old Pentium-4 1.4 GHz laptop with a litany of technical problems

for my dad:

- APC Back-UPS ES 8 550VA (a previous APC UPS had fizzed out)

Thanks fellas. It was silly waiting this long to buy it but I am happy I have it now. I considered going the Nikon route because Gene and Peter are big proponents, but this thing is more familiar from the 40D days and IT'S GOT 21 MP and HD VIDEO BEOTCH!

Hey, I'd be all over the 5DII if I could tolerate Canon ergonomics! The only thing holding me back from the D700 is that I know within a year to 18 months there will be a 20+mp Nikon at the same price point.

i've been watching movies for a few hours, and i'm pleased as punch. i helped my mom buy an HDTV today (a Samsung LN40B550 is what we decided on) and i've had my fill of HDTV set ups for the day.

good to hear. i'm a big fan of plasma tvs, too bad Pioneer dropped out, but Panasonic makes some damn good ones as well.

yes.

anyways, since i now have a nice tv, and there is an xbox 360 attached to it, i figured that netflix might be a good idea. so i signed up for the 1 dvd at a time plan, today. i don't care about the dvds that much.

I'm pretty sure the 360 will also play *.mov or *.wmv files which can be pretty handy. It's not as good or as capable as the PS3 in this regard but I got my brother in law's to do it.