Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Asking price. YH-100 funded it.

It's a strange, strange world! Sure the YH-100 can be a good headphone, but IMHO you came out on the very best end of that trade.

I remember when you could find the YH-100 for sub $50.00.

Good to hear. I didnt experiment too much with my YH-100, but I didnt really care for the sound too much from either mine or NoNoNoNoNoNo's pair. Probably a transplant into a better frame would have made a big difference, but thats a lot of work. I am hopeful that these ET1000 sound pretty good. Definitely look the part. Also looks like they can run off normal bias Stax amps, which would be cool.

Yes and no on that one. I've owned 4 ET-1000's and only half played off a Stax box perfectly while the others had issues with the bias supply. No worries though, I have the Beyer bias supply schematic somewhere around here if you need it... :)

92333611.jpg

started using this new mouse pad today. Insane how good it is, with a slight flick of the finger the mouse glides from one end to the other. Increased my sensitivity and I can move the cursor across the monitor with just a few mm of movement ^-^

Interesting, I wonder what the difference is, as the voltage seems pretty close. Safety resistor value maybe?

It's been too long and now I can't find the schematic. The caps in the bias supply are rather big at 1uf so that could be a factor.

Actually, I've been shaving my head on regular basis for couple of years now. While I wasn't having any problem shaving with regular razor, it was taking good amount of time every time I shaved. I figured I'd give Headblade a shot to see if it'll be any quicker.

Actually, I've been shaving my head on regular basis for couple of years now. While I wasn't having any problem shaving with regular razor, it was taking good amount of time every time I shaved. I figured I'd give Headblade a shot to see if it'll be any quicker.

Let me know. I'm down to the #1.5 clippers these days and it's not going to be long before I have to make the big jump to preserve what little I have left of my dignity. Stupid recessive gene.

Two Anglepoise lamps. One cheap because the box was fucked. Turns out that the allan bolt heads are stripped too, so the whole thing just springs back to upright. I suspect that it was a return from a not-too-truthful buyer who overdid the cranking.

Let me know. I'm down to the #1.5 clippers these days and it's not going to be long before I have to make the big jump to preserve what little I have left of my dignity. Stupid recessive gene.

Here's the initial verdict on Headblade. For the initial phase of shaving (going mostly with the grain), it worked well - it moved over my scalp smoothly and the resulting shave was very good, about as good as I've been getting with my conventional razor (Mach III). For the second phase - this is when I go against the grain to get smooth shave, it was difficult for me to go against the grain for all area of my head, due to the inherent design of the Headblade (i.e., razor is always situated perpendicular to your fingers). It was also difficult to shave around the ears, especially near the top of where ears are attached to the head.

The one big fat caveat is that this was the first time I've used Headblade and I'm not accustomed to it.

I'm probably going to give it a try couple more times, but I've a feeling I'll be going back to a conventional razor (with which I've gotten rather good in shaving my head) unless I see drastic improvements in the results/usage of Headblade.