Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Here's the initial verdict on Headblade.

I've shaved my head a few times but couldn't do anything to prevent really evil and painful razor bumps. I'm sticking with the #1 clipper cut just for convenience and a bit of sun protection.

My recent purchase: Finally got around to ordering a record vacuum. Of course I went with the cheapest option, a Nitty Gritty Record Doctor III from Audio Advisor. It doesn't turn the record or spray the fluid for me but I'm fine with that. At $300 I think it's still massively overpriced for a tiny vacuum. My friend who's a genius with mechanical stuff may tear it apart and decide to manufacture something that can undercut the market by quite a bit. Doesn't mean he'll ever actually get the manufacturing part done, but the decision can be made quite easily.

I've shaved my head a few times but couldn't do anything to prevent really evil and painful razor bumps. I'm sticking with the #1 clipper cut just for convenience and a bit of sun protection.

My recent purchase: Finally got around to ordering a record vacuum. Of course I went with the cheapest option, a Nitty Gritty Record Doctor III from Audio Advisor. It doesn't turn the record or spray the fluid for me but I'm fine with that. At $300 I think it's still massively overpriced for a tiny vacuum. My friend who's a genius with mechanical stuff may tear it apart and decide to manufacture something that can undercut the market by quite a bit. Doesn't mean he'll ever actually get the manufacturing part done, but the decision can be made quite easily.

There are a few DIY RCM designs. Teres has this one on their website: DIY Record Cleaner

Is that so, Salty? What's the chain as far as you know it?

Tyrion >me > riceboy > 4N6. I guess that makes you the 5th Head-Caser to own them.

I sold them when I got rid of most of my headphone gears for speakers gears and house expenses.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

If I'm not mistaken, you (Sherwood) are at least the 4th Head-Caser to own that particular K1000. I do wonder why I ever sold them. :(

I wondered the same thing when you sold them to me and then I sold them to 4n6 :). I actually got another K1000 later and have kept that one for now ;)

A 2009 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 or SL Team :jbl:

I ordered the Team but I think I may switch to the SL 0 because it comes with much more expensive/better wheels (Zipp 404) and lighter (more expensive) saddle and is the total bike cost is cheaper. The only reason it's not a done deal is long term I want Dura Ace and the SL 0 comes with SRAM Red instead. Really not quite sure what Giant's pricing scheme is since the parts of the SL 0 are worth more than the Team.

I blew my budget but the dealer gave me an insanely good deal. He swore me to secrecy on the price, but it was less than anything I've seen online (including e-bay) ;D The only way I could get it cheaper is to go to Taiwan.

Edited by Dreadhead

I ordered the Team but I think I may switch to the SL 0 because it comes with much more expensive/better wheels (Zipp 404) and lighter (more expensive) saddle and is the total bike cost is cheaper. The only reason it's not a done deal is long term I want Dura Ace and the SL 0 comes with SRAM Red instead. Really not quite sure what Giant's pricing scheme is since the parts of the SL 0 are worth more than the Team.

I blew my budget but the dealer gave me an insanely good deal. He swore me to secrecy on the price, but it was less than anything I've seen online (including e-bay) ;D The only way I could get it cheaper is to go to Taiwan.

Congrats! Can't go wrong with Dura Ace or the Zipps. Happy riding when you get it.

Congrats! Can't go wrong with Dura Ace or the Zipps. Happy riding when you get it.

Thanks man.

I ended up going with the SL0 with the Zipps. I want Dura-ace but Red is nothing to sneeze at and I can always upgrade in a year or 5.

What Colnago do you have? I looked but a bit rich for my blood.

Thanks man.

I ended up going with the SL0 with the Zipps. I want Dura-ace but Red is nothing to sneeze at and I can always upgrade in a year or 5.

What Colnago do you have? I looked but a bit rich for my blood.

I don't have any experience with Red but it should be fine.

I have an older Dream (aluminum with clover shaped tubing) with DA 10. I can't imagine ever selling/upgrading. It climbs and descends extremely well. I'm currently rolling on DA hubs with DT Swiss RR 1.1 rims. Light and strong but my next upgrade will probably be some wheels, maybe Zipps. Before the Dream I had a carbon Look that I raced on but it flexed too much for me.

Congrats, either way you can't go wrong in my opinion. I have always used Dura Ace but the Sram is nothing to sneeze at either, they both are lightweight and shift really really smooth. Do much climbing where you live?