Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

a bunch of fucking camera shit. i bought the D70 body because i thought i could save money by using my existing MF lenses. i'll still use those lenses, as they are really nice, but the saving money part seems to be dying a quick death.

Welcome (back) to the world of photgraphy, Reks. :) Sorry about your ...well, you know.

a bunch of fucking camera shit. i bought the D70 body because i thought i could save money by using my existing MF lenses. i'll still use those lenses, as they are really nice, but the saving money part seems to be dying a quick death.

Nice! It's cool that you can still use your old lenses (something my step-father can't do with his old Canon FD mounts). Did you buy more lenses?

yeah, i bought an 18-55 and a 55-200. being able to use my old lenses was definitely why i bought a nikon d-slr.

Cool. After playing around with EF 35mm f/2 and wife's EF 28-135, I've thus far much preferred using the 35mm. Now I'm lusting after 85 f/1.8 after hearing many good things about it.

Yeah, 50 f/1.4 is on my wishlist as well, though there are supposedly some reliability issues with focusing mechanism (reports of early deaths). May just grab a 50 f/1.8 even though it really felt like a toy when I was at a (semi)local shop couple of days ago.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Ive always wondered if it is possible to control all remote-controlled audio equipment with something like an ipad... customize it, have icons for each one, etc etc

High end home theater installers basically do this with custom interfaces. Jerry Rice has a home theater system controlled by a slate control screen that was programed for his home theater.

http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/traditional/1006rice/

If the ipad has an IR port it's probably doable.

Edited by deepak