Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

^^i have a pair that i took with me to Costa Rica...they were great for whitewater rafting & at the beach...only real problem i've had is that one of my toes doesn't fit properly in the allotted space...that can be painful after a bit, but i never wear mine all day...

My toes are all fairly small and straight. I can't imagine how these would work on anyone with oddly shaped or large toes. It's a tight squeeze. My little toe on my right foot is a bit curved after years of walking wrong on it, and it's a bit uncomfortable, but I'll take that discomfort over how most shoes feel every day on my feet. Too bad these won't be accepted as appropriate office attire.

Ooh, nice fence!

I hope it works out. I got a really good deal on it. The JET fence has a hook that grabs a rail on the opposite side of the saw, that seemed to be a really good idea as well. I like the fact that this fence can be layed down in the other dimension as well for working with thinner materials...

I need to run power out to the saw and my drill press, so I bought a 4' power strip to mount somewhere on my bench... the lame thing is that the socket I'll be running the extension cord too is a GFCI, so I might have to change that out at some point... or just turn everything on at once and see what happens :)

Still lots of knobs and dials I haven't figured out here and there on the saw... seems like an amazing piece of equipment. The only thing I'd like to maybe do, that I probably don't have tools to do is bolt the thing to the floor... once I get things layed out, I'll probably revisit this.

You can do what you seek. Go into airport utility, then to the internet tab. For connection sharing, set it to "Off (Bridged Mode)". It will no longer try and get an ip address from the ISP.

What if I want to release the IP and get it again? IOW, my goal is to force the ISP to renew the lease or spit out a new IP.

I hope it works out. I got a really good deal on it. The JET fence has a hook that grabs a rail on the opposite side of the saw, that seemed to be a really good idea as well. I like the fact that this fence can be layed down in the other dimension as well for working with thinner materials...

I need to run power out to the saw and my drill press, so I bought a 4' power strip to mount somewhere on my bench... the lame thing is that the socket I'll be running the extension cord too is a GFCI, so I might have to change that out at some point... or just turn everything on at once and see what happens :)

Still lots of knobs and dials I haven't figured out here and there on the saw... seems like an amazing piece of equipment. The only thing I'd like to maybe do, that I probably don't have tools to do is bolt the thing to the floor... once I get things layed out, I'll probably revisit this.

Marc, be sure to use the heaviest extension cord available. Better yet, we could make our own 4 gang box to mount to your bench, and use 8 or 10 gauge cable with a plug attached to one end. That way we could also buy and wire in a Saftey (Oh fuck!) shut off switch. The GFCI should be fine. Also, I have a big ass hammerdrill for concrete. I can bring it, along with some Redheads (concrete bolts, easy there Colin) and we can do just that.

Edited by swt61

(...)

It is the MAC edition and I wanted something with at least a minimal integrated track pad. Now all I have to do is buy the MAC Mini to use it with. :D

Sorry to ask but I have ones like the picture you posted (using it on regular PCs) and could you be so kind to confirm that this is the exact look of the Mac Edition?

Thanks in advance.

Amicalement

Marc, be sure to use the heaviest extension cord available. Better yet, we could make our own 4 gang box to mount to your bench, and use 8 or 10 gauge cable with a plug attached to one end. That way we could also buy and wire in a Saftey (Oh fuck!) shut off switch. The GFCI should be fine. Also, I have a big ass hammerdrill for concrete. I can bring it, along with some Redheads (concrete bolts, easy there Colin) and we can do just that.

If you bolt it down to the slab just be sure to use some sort of shallow embedment anchor since most residential garages are probably going to have a 3 to 4" thick slab.

As far as the custom extension cord goes I fully endorse that plan and suggest something like the following:

80307309.jpg

Total cost should be ~$40 depending on cord size (ga.) and length. It'd be super simple to screw the housing to a bench, like I did with my lathe.

Needed a pair of speakers for deployment that sounded good but I wouldn't be that hurt if something happened to them. Against my better judgment I went with CNETs review and picked up a pair of Audioengine A5s. These actually sound pretty darn good. Have them hooked up to a my Pico for now but it looks like they will fit the bill.

Sorry to ask but I have ones like the picture you posted (using it on regular PCs) and could you be so kind to confirm that this is the exact look of the Mac Edition?

Thanks in advance.

Amicalement

Not until I actually receive it. But when I do I will let you know.

Needed a pair of speakers for deployment that sounded good but I wouldn't be that hurt if something happened to them. Against my better judgment I went with CNETs review and picked up a pair of Audioengine A5s. These actually sound pretty darn good. Have them hooked up to a my Pico for now but it looks like they will fit the bill.

Nice - I would still like to hear a pair of these.