Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yeah, 50 f/1.4 is on my wishlist as well, though there are supposedly some reliability issues with focusing mechanism (reports of early deaths). May just grab a 50 f/1.8 even though it really felt like a toy when I was at a (semi)local shop couple of days ago.

I own an EF 50mm F/1.4 and an EF 50mm F/1.8 Mk I. The F/1.4 has full time manual (nice) and USM (quiet focusing). It's really sharp when it wants to be (seldom when I want it to be) and has distressing tendency to backfocus. I almost always use my 580EX speedlite and its AF-assist beam when using my 50/1.4. The EF 50mm F/1.8 is noisy and lacks FTM. It does have hard stop infinity focus, which is essential for long exposures in the dark where AF is useless. The Mk I has metal lens mount and a distance scale window. It's construction is very similar to the EF 35mm F/2. It sells on the used market for a lot more than a Mk II, but far less than a 50mm F/1.4.

The EF 85mm F/1.8 has a fair amount of CA (chromatic aberration) wide open, but otherwise kicks ass.

</lens geek>

I bought the Lenova multimedia remote for home theatre duty yesterday on sale.

IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/12/lenovo_multimedia_remote_with_keyboard_by_lenovo.jpg

Curious what you think of it. I am somewhat torn between this being pretty much perfect for HTPC duty, or way too cumbersome to actually be effective for any sort of data entry.

Curious what you think of it. I am somewhat torn between this being pretty much perfect for HTPC duty, or way too cumbersome to actually be effective for any sort of data entry.

If your not as concerned about size, there was also this for $30 that seems pretty tempting:

Moneual Lab 2.4GHz RF Wireless Computer Keyboard at Xoxide!

Notice the trackball, reviews said it was pretty solid. Seems much better for data entry.

in the future, i would suggest only buying cooking books that have better knives on the cover. i mean seriously, a bolster on a Santoku style knife? :)

A what on a what? Why would anyone need a knife anyway when we have reciprocating saws?

sawsall600x359.jpg

Edited by swt61