Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

sloppin' out the barn, eh?

Damn, how did you guess? ;)

Pails are outdoor water buckets for the dog...one for home use and one for our seasonal camping site.

Tires are for my 10 cu ft utility cart I pull behind my yard tractor. Today used for dandelion collection.

You managed to help me remember shoveling out the chicken coop for my grand father. A nasty experience at best, a humbling experience at worst.

2 New front rotors, rotor machining of the rear and 4 sets of break pads for my Subaru. I guess a little TLC is needed after 50k. I've still got to buy some new tires for it too. I just have to remind myself that it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a new car.

you shouldn't need rotors after only 50k miles. Did you wait too long on the pads?

Depends entirely on the vehicle, Dan. Lots of cars/trucks/SUV's have undersized braking systems that run inappropriately hot and trend towards premature warping.

you shouldn't need rotors after only 50k miles. Did you wait too long on the pads?

I don't think it was the rotors fault really I've driven the car very hard sometimes and I like breaking hard in general.

Depends entirely on the vehicle, Dan. Lots of cars/trucks/SUV's have undersized braking systems that run inappropriately hot and trend towards premature warping.

Mine appears to have larger than normal (for a Subaru) vented (not cross drilled) rotors. As said above I appear to have driven it too hard over the years of enjoying my 2.5 Turbo. :palm: I saw the front rotors when they were trying to machine them. They were totally warped.

Edited by Dreadhead

What are you going to use a 50 ft HDMI cable with?

From my computer to my home theater.

Good luck with that 50foot cable. Our one is the Blue Jeans long run HDMI and it cannot cope with 1080p properly.

Well that cable should do the trick. I'll report back later.

The father of a friend of mine just installed some gee-whiz video projector, which is quite a few cable feet from his receiver. He used two shorter lengths of HDMI cable (maybe 20' each?) and an HDMI repeater in the middle. I dunno what model he used, but was a little silver box that looked something like this one: Gefen Inc. - Repeater For HDMI 1.3